Sunday, February 5, 2017

CYCI146 - A Wonderful Birthday!

I can't believe that it's already time for another CYCI challenge, can you?! Time is just flying by... 
We have another color challenge for you this go around... Curry Yellow, Teal, Orange, and Burgundy! Isn't that a gorgeous group of colors! I love it! I think Amber nailed it with this combo.




It took a couple tries to get this background the way I liked. I used Ken Oliver's Color Burst - Yellow Ochre, Turquoise, Orange, and Merlot. These are very rich colors and for this card I wanted a softer more feminine feel, so I dabbed the watercolor paper with paper towel to get just the right shade. 
I pulled out my neglected January 2017 Kit of the Month from Unity and stamped this sweet sneaker stamp in Memento Tuxedo black ink using the Stamp Perfect tool so I got a nice clear stamped image. That can be difficult to achieve with the texture of watercolor paper so using the tool really helped.

 I'm loving Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside border dies... if you hadn't noticed... I think I've only used them twice to make an actual hill. I cut the top of the watercolor paper with the hillside die and also cut a scrap of True Black card stock with the same die, layered them and then ran them through the big shot again with Taylored Expressions' Stitched Rectangle Stacklets. I die cut a piece of white card stock with the same rectangle die and layered the watercolor piece on top. I stamped this sweet birthday sentiment from Unity's Butterflies and Sunbeams kit also in Memento Tuxedo black ink. I adhered the whole panel to the white card base and added a few charcoal sequins... Voila!


 canyoucaseit.com


Here's a look at the color challenge. Be sure to click on it and you'll see all the wonderful creations from the CYCI Design Team! I sure hope you'll play along.


Here are the products I used for this card:
Card Stock: white, true black (PTI), watercolor paper (SSS)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black (SU!)
Adhesives: Tombow Mono Multi (SSS)
Color Burst: Orange, Turquoise, Yellow Ochre, Merlot (Blitsy)


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


6 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.