Friday, April 19, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Pink & Main ~ Pretty Jars

Hello crafty peeps!
Today, I'm sharing a lovely card using the Pretty Jars stamp and die bundle set by Pink & Main. Oh my goodness... I absolutely love this bundle!! The stamps are so beautiful and the dies make cutting out this intricate floral stamp super easy peasy!!


I still had the beautiful Echo Park Spring Fling papers on my desk so I decided to use them again for this card. I cut strips of a few different papers to create the pattern underneath the focal image. The background greenish/blue paper is also from the paper pad. 

I stamped the flowers twice because I wanted to fussy cut the flowers to pop them up on the focal image for a bit more dimension. Working with colors that coordinated with the papers, I colored both sets of the flowers. I used the following Copic markers ~ RV00, RV21, Y13, Y35, YG11, YG23.
I then die cut the flowers and fussy cut the one set... cutting it on the black line. I colored the outer edge of the fussy cut flowers with a Memento tuxedo black marker to clean up the edges and then I popped them up on the other flowers.


I then adhered the flowers to a white die cut stitched oval and popped the oval piece up on the card. I knew I wanted to use the 'sweet friend' sentiment from the set but I wanted to add a little somethin' somethin' so I pulled out the 'hello' die from Pink & Main that was included in a past card kit and die cut three times out of white card stock. I colored one of the die cut hellos with Copic markers in an ombre style and then adhered all the die cut layers. I stamped the 'sweet friends' sentiment on white card stock and then die cut it with a banner die and layered it on a strip of pink paper from the Spring Fling paper pad that I also die cut with the same banner die.

In retrospect, I kinda wish I had stamped the 'sweet friend' sentiment in a dark pink... but at the time, I was packing my studio and my supplies were limited. I am still very happy with how this card turned out! The design is definitely one that would work to use up some of those scraps of patterned paper that we all have laying around!!

You can find the Pretty Jars stamp & die bundle in the shop!

Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.