Friday, April 12, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Heffy Doodle ~ Gnome Matter What

Hello crafty peeps! 
Today, I'm sharing an adorable card using Heffy Doodle's Gnome Matter What stamp set


How cute are these gnomes!?! 
I just adore them! I inked them up along with a bunch of other images from this set using Memento tuxedo black ink and then colored them in using the following Copic markers: Y06, Y35, YG11, YG23, RV000, RV00, RV14, RV21, RV29, E000, E00, E11, N0, N1, N2, N5, N8, B000, B00, B02.

To build my scene I die cut a piece of white card stock using the Memory Box Wrapped Scalloped die and then I blended a little Tumbled Glass distress ink for my sky. I then cut a strip of patterned paper for my 'ground' from the Echo Park Spring Fling paper pad and also die cut the grass from the same paper pad. I adhered the grass to the back of the 'ground' paper and then adhered just the bottom portion of the combined papers to the scene so that I could be free to place things in amongst the grass, like the cute mushroom. I adhered all the images to create my scene and then popped up the focal panel on a white card base. To finish off the front of the card, I stamped my sentiment using my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. Now, just a little tip... I should have stamped the sentiment before I popped up the focal panel, but because I used the Stamp Platform I was able to stamp the sentiment a few times to get the crisp sentiment I wanted.


The sentiment on the front of the card just keeps you hanging so I just HAD to add to the inside of the card. I combined the patterned papers again to continue the design on the inside of the card. I added another gnome... I colored several since I was on a roll. LOL
And then I stamped the sentiment for the inside of the card. I decided to add the little clock to this gnome's hand to tie in the sentiment... so cute! Now, I got to thinking you could leave the card like this basically saying that the card is the recipient's birthday gift. Or...


You could slide a gift card in there for just a little something... a quick gift idea!


Here's a close up of the scene on the front of the card... I went a little crazy with the flowers, but couldn't help myself! So many cute images to color in this set!

You can find the Heffy Doodle Gnome Matter What stamp set available in the shop!


Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. It's so cute!!
    Loving the paper, and colors you used!!
    Awesome gift, even without the GC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.