Friday, September 14, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ Brutus Monroe ~ Fall Themed Baby Card

Hello! Today I'm sharing a fall themed baby card... actually, I had so much fun making the first card, I decided to make two cards to share with you! Let's get to it!


My first card has layers using the Lawn Fawn Knit Picky Fall paper pack on a dark brown card base. I stamped the sweet bunnies from the Brutus/Monroe Bunny Kisses stamp set on a piece of white card stock and then stamped them again on a post-it note. I masked the bunnies with the fussy cut post-it note and then blended Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and  Vintage Photo distress inks. I took the mask off and colored the bunnies using the following Copic markers ~ E30, E31, E35, E53, E55, E57, YR24, R20. I die cut the piece using the large cross stitch rectangle die that I mat on the same dark brown card stock. I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark watermark ink and then heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. I popped up the panel using foam squares and called this one done!


I used similar items for my second card. I stamped the bunnies again on white card stock and used the same mask to protect the image while I blended Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, and Scattered Straw distress ink. I then removed the mask and this time I used Copic markers to color my ground for the bunnies. I used E53, E55, and E57 with a touch of 0 around the edges to softened it up. I die cut the piece using a wonky stitched square die and then mat it on dark brown card stock. I then popped up the piece on a kraft card base. I did debate coloring the bunnies... but I really like how they are the focal point on the card here. The white pops! And because I had so much white popping on the card, I also decided to keep the sentiment white so I stamped it in VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. To finish the card I wrapped some natural twine around the card a few times and made a little bow. There you have my two Fall themed baby cards.

You can get this sweet Brutus Monroe Bunny Kisses set here.


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.