Tuesday, August 7, 2018

You're Fintastic!

Hello! Today I'm sharing a sweet card I made using The Greeting Farm's Mermaid Grotto and Maisea stamp sets. My inspiration started with the Beach Color Combo challenge in the Stampers Swap Shop Facebook group... using the following (or similar) colors.


I pulled out some of my Summer Dreams papers from Echo Park. I cut and layered the patterned papers onto a kraft card base and set them aside. 


I stamped the bottle, mermaid, and a bunch of fish on a piece of white card stock using Gina K. Design's Amalgam Jet Black ink. I love this ink... you can color with Copic Markers, watercolors, and even colored pencils with gamsol!! I colored in the images with the following Copic markers:
Fish ~ YR15, YR68
Mermaid ~ RV10, RV55, E000, E21, V06, V09
Bottle ~ Y06, Y17, RV10, RV55, E000, E33, E47, E50, E55, E57, BG0000, BG10, BG32, C00, C1, C3, YG17, YG67, G17


I die cut the bottle, mermaid, and fish. Using my Versamarker I colored parted of the sand and then heat embossed sand embossing powder from Hero Arts. I adhered all of my pieces to the bottle and popped it up on the card. I stamped my sentiment with Versamark watermark ink onto the teal blue paper in the Summer Dreams paper pack and then heat embossed fine white embossing powder. I trimmed the papers down and adhered them on either side of the bottle. I adhered another little fish to finish this card off. I loved this sketch #525 from Sketch Saturday so much that I just had to play along again this week.

 Sketch Saturday

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

2 comments:

  1. I love this card, great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea for the sketch! Love the scene you created and the color combo is perfect! Glad you shared your creation at Sketch Saturday! XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.