Sunday, August 5, 2018

School Days Are Here Again

Hello! A quick post today to share a card I created to enter into a couple of challenges. I thought it would be fun to make a card from the perspective of a homeschool family. We have a few more weeks before we start back up, but when we do... I wouldn't be surprised if I have a little ninja and kitty sitting at the table with me. My kids love to wear costumes and a school day is no different!


So these little kids from Unity Stamp Company's Little Tricks Halloween and Sweet Little Halloween stamp sets were perfect for my card idea. I started with a kraft card base and added a layer of fun notebook paper from Echo Park's Back to School paper pack along with a strip of random alphabet letters in some fun colors. I stamped the boy and girl on white card stock and stamped them again on the Back to School patterned papers. I colored in little bits of the images and then paper pieced the outfits. I adhered them to a wonky oval of kraft card stock that I popped up on the card. The sentiment was cut from the patterned papers as well and popped up on the card.

I'm entering this card at the Sketch Saturday Challenge blog...

 Sketch Saturday

And the Inspired By challenge blog... 

 Inspired By Challenge


Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along with the Saturday Sketch challenge. Super fun back to school card. Great take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with the sketch this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, this made me smile! I taught first grade for 27 years, and i used to have kids come to school in many diff costumes and even pajamas. LOL! Such a cute card for our sketch! Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.