Friday, August 3, 2018

Scrapping For Less ~ Revisiting May 2018 Flavor of the Month Card Kit ~ In the Countryside

Hello! Crystal here and today I'm sharing some cards I made using up my papers from a collection in the May 2018 Flavor of the Month card kit. So, I saw this sweet sketch on the Sketch Saturday challenge blog and I thought this was just the perfect way to use up those Tiny Checks papers and play with the adorable stamps in this kit.


My first step was cutting up all my papers. I cut them all into 3 x 3 inch squares and then decided I'd trim the smaller squares to work on a 5-1/2" square card. So the squares in the background are 2-1/2 x 2-1/2" and the mat for them is a 5-1/4" squared piece of Wild Cherry card stock. That layer is adhered to the 5-1/2" squared white card base.


My focal images are all on a 2-5/8" squared piece of white card stock with the exception of this one above that is 2-1/2" squared. I did mat this one on a white piece of card stock to help pop the focal image that was stamped with Versamark watermark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder and that white piece is 2-1/2" squared. 


For my cards with the little animal scenes, I stamped the image and the sentiment first with Memento tuxedo black ink and then masked the image before blending some Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks for my background. I then colored the images in using Copic markers {I'll list them all at the end of the post} and a little bit of white gel pen for highlights.


Once my focal images were all done, I mat them on black card stock measuring 2-3/4" squared and then layered them on the 3" squared piece of check patterned paper that was mat on 3-1/4" squared piece of card stock.... phew.. that's a lot of measurements. I hope those aren't confusing! I popped up the focal images using foam tape and then added my final touches to each card. The little circle images for the cow cards are Farm Animal stickers from the card kit. I mat them on black card stock and popped them up on the card, as well. The little circle sun in the first card with the pigs is a part of the exclusive Piggy Picnic set from Scrapping for Less. And then, lastly, the 'good times' sentiment is from the Carta Bella Frames and Tags included in the first collection of the kit.

I had so much fun putting these cards together. I sure hope you like my cards for today! I just love the sweet animal stamps in the May 2018 In the Countryside card kit! There are still some kits available in both the Double Dip and the Banana Split subscriptions and even better ~ they are on sale! 
Here are the Copic markers I used:
Card #1 ~ R00, R14, R20, R81, E11, E31, G03
Card #3 ~ E0000, E01, E02, E23, E25, E51, E81, N1, N5, Y06, Y35, R20
Card #4 ~ R00, R81, R83, R85, E000, E02, C1, Y06, Y17, B000

I'm entering my last card with the cute pink cow to the Sketch Saturday challenge... 
such a fun sketch!

 Sketch Saturday challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.