Monday, August 29, 2016

CYCI#135 Back to School Challenge

Are you ready for another CYCI challenge? 
The challenge at canyoucaseit.com this week is Back to School!




I knew as soon as I saw this challenge that the recently released Stamp of the Week from Unity would be perfect!! I just HAD to ink this stamp up and watercolor away!




I inked the main image using StazOn jet black ink and set aside for awhile to make sure it set. I used several different Stampin' Up inks to watercolor: Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight, Baked Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip, Sweet Sugarplum, Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Early Espresso, Midnight Muse, Dapper Denim, Real Red, Basic Black, Really Rust, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, and Blush Blossom. I know, it's quite a list!!

The base for this card is Papertrey Ink white cardstock. I cut a piece of retired designer series paper called Notations to 4 x 5-1/4 inches. I like the white border on the card it helps the watercolored piece to pop. I wanted to give the dsp some weight so I mounted it on a piece of Stampin' Up!'s Whisper White cardstock. Then I wrapped around some Crushed Curry twine, also from Stampin' Up!, and tied a little bow. I used glue dots to adhere that piece to the card base. Now, I went back and forth on what cardstock to back the main image with but I decided Soft Sky was soft enough to not take away from the soft look of the paper. I stamped the sentiment (also from the We're Back {to School} kit) in Memento tuxedo black ink. I popped the main image up with stampin' dimensionals - there you have it!

That's my entry for the CYCI#135 Back to School Challenge... hope you'll play along!!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

11 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card, Crystal! That image is precious, and you did a great job coloring it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Can You Case It! – Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal...I love your card! You did an awesome job with the coloring...I need to add this stamp to my wish list! Thanks for playing with us at CYCI ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome coloring, Crystal! Love the layout! Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI! - Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card Chrystal! Your coloring is perfect! And I also love the layout. Great card all around! Thanks for joining us this week at CYCI - Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome back to school image! Beautiful soft colors, Crystal! ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute design for our back to school challenge! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is so nice. I like your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.