Thursday, August 25, 2016

A Good Book Tag

Today I'm sharing a tag I made for the Unity {show & tell} Tag Challenge.
I started with a tag that I received free with my order from Unity Stamp Company - woohoo!




I stamped the main image from the Part of the Story stamp kit in Memento black ink. I then grabbed a post-it note and stamped the same image and then fussy cut it out. I put the post-it note image on top of the tag image and stamped the stack of books from the Unity Books A'Flutter stamp kit using my Soft Suede marker so I could omit the butterfly on top of the stack of books. Then I did some random stamping with my two favorite texture sets from Stampin Up! - Timeless Texture and Touches of Texture - using Crumb Cake and Lost Lagoon ink.



I even flipped the tag over and stamped the back.
Isn't it pretty?!

Back to the front of the tag...


I pulled out my Copic markers and colored away. I used E00 for the skin; E55, E77, and E79 for the hair; E31, E37, and R29 for the book; BG72 and BG75 for the jacket with a touch of B97 for the cuff; B97 and B99 for the jeans; N2 and N4 for the blouse; and a touch of BG72 for the glasses.
I stamped the sentiment in Memento black ink.

It took me a bit to decide on the ribbons to finish it off, but I settled on Tip Top Taupe dotted lace trim and Lost Lagoon silky taffeta ribbon to tie it off.

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! The sentiment is also from Unity's Books A'Flutter kit.

      Delete
  2. omg this is gorgeous!!! I am sending your copy to me 8 yr old niece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.