Friday, December 20, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Heffy Doodle ~ A Wintry New Year with the Prehistoric Pals

Hello there crafty friends! 
Today, I'm sharing an adorable wintry New Year's card!! I just adore these sweet stamps by Heffy Doodle called Prehistoric Pals... so much fun to create a card a little outside-the-box with these characters. I don't normally think of cavemen and mammoths in the snow, but this was such a fun card to make!


I started with a white piece of card stock that I ran through my big shot with a wonky stitched rectangle die. I set that aside and stamped all the stamps from the set because I wasn't quite sure which ones I was going to use. I stamped with memento tuxedo black ink and then colored the images in with the following Copic markers:

Mammoth ~ BG000, BG02, RV0000, C00, C1, C3
House / Rock ~ C00, C1, C3, W00, W2, W4
Cave Lady ~ E000, E00, E21 (skin), E23, E25, E27 (hair), E30, E31, E35 (clothes)
Cave Man ~ E000, E00, E11 (skin), E37, E95, E99 (hair), E21, E25, E27 (clothes)
Sky ~ BG000, BG53, B00, BV00, B60, Colorless Blender
Ground ~ C00, C1



I fussy cut all of the colored images and cleaned up the edges with the memento tuxedo black marker. When I was coloring the background for this card, I placed the images on the card seeing where I wanted to position every thing. I was then able to add the shadows on the snowy ground. I only used a little bit of shadows so I could keep the card looking more wintry with lots of white.


I adhered the fussy cut images to the card using liquid glue and then adhered the entire piece to a white card base. I added some snow using leftover sequins from a past card kit and also some varying sizes of dots of white gel pen here and there. Don't they just look so excited for the snow?! I love it!


To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment which is a combination of two sentiment stamps... "Have a Mammoth Day" and "Another Year Boulder". I was able to mask the sentiments and stamp them pretty easily with my Stamp Platform. My paper shifted just slightly on the Year stamp but I was able to fix it with my memento tuxedo black  marker... it just looks a bit more bold ~ almost like it was intentional! This adorable stamp set isn't in stock anymore, unfortunately, but there are a bunch of other adorable Heffy Doodle stamps in the shop! Check them out here ---> Heffy Doodle stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.