Friday, December 21, 2018

Scrapping for Less ~ The Greeting Farm ~ Save the Day

Hello! Today, I'm sharing a Valentine's Day card using The Greeting Farm's Save the Day stamp set. I don't know about you all but I needed a little break from the Christmas card making... don't get me wrong, I love Christmas and I love making Christmas cards, but I needed a little creative break. So when I saw this sweet set I knew I was going to use it to make a Valentine's Day card for my husband. He's my hero!


I had a rough idea for my design but believe it or not... it was supposed to be a no layer card. LOL! Isn't it funny how sometimes the card just evolves into something you didn't quite plan?! Well, that was the case with this one. I started with the Stitched Arch Stax dies from My Favorite Things. I die cut the white and the black layers and then decided I wanted to have red in the mix since it's a Valentine, that only made sense... so I thought a red card base would be good. And then on my desk I saw the new Polka Heart Backdrop die from Lawn Fawn... of course, I had to use it! I used it to die cut a white piece of card stock that I trimmed down and adhered to the red card base.


That turned out to be too much white in the background so to break that up I found some papers from my stash with a Valentine's theme and trimmed them down. I adhered it to a piece of red card stock and then used a stitched scalloped edge die on both sides of the patterned paper. I adhered this panel to the card base and set it aside. 

Using a grassy edge stencil, I blended some Mowed Lawn distress ink for the grass on the bottom of the first layer. I then used a mini cloud edge stencil with Tumbled Glass distress ink to create some clouds in the background. I set that piece aside and stamped the images using Memento tuxedo black ink. I then colored them in using the following Copic markers:

Trees ~ G05, G17, G24

Knight ~ C0, C2, C4, C8, R000, R37, R89, E55, E57, E59

Lady ~ E0000, E000, E00, E55, E57, E59, R000, R14, R20, R27

I fussy cut each of them out along the black lines and then went over the edges of the images using a Memento tuxedo marker (that helps to clean up the edges). I decided the Lady needed a little glittery goodness on her dress so I added some Sprinkled Sugar Stickles to the image. I just love how the ombre coloring of her dress looks with the beautiful glitter on it. I adhered the images to create the scene and then popped up the arch panel on the card. I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark watermark ink on a scrap of red card stock and then heat embossed fine white embossing powder. I trimmed it down and then adhered it to the card using foam tape on the left side and liquid glue on the right since it would lay over the popped up arch.


Here's a close-up look at the glittery goodness on the Lady's dress. Love it!
Well, that's it for me. I hope that you enjoyed my first Valentine's Day card for the coming year! 
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
~ Crystal


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.