Saturday, May 13, 2017

Make It Monday #284 ~ Happy Birthday Butterfly!

I'm really enjoying the Make It Monday challenges. I've had a busy week but I was finally happy to get a quiet minute and give this challenge a try. 




I stamped the sentiment several times using my mini misti so that I could get a nice crisp stamped image, but my goodness was that crazy! I had to change the direction of the stamp so many times and readjust my card stock. Probably not the most efficient way to do it, but other than the slightly darker sentiment in the bottom left corner... I think they turned out nice. It was a little dark though, so I added a layer of vellum card stock over top of the white card stock. Since I wanted the sentiment to really be my focal point, I decided to just add a butterfly. I hadn't inked up this beautiful butterfly from the recently released Butterfly Hope yet so this was a perfect excuse! I first stamped the outline of the butterfly using Classic Kraft ink but then decided it was too light. I stamped over that with Dark Chocolate. I then stamped the outer portion of the wings with Hawaiian Shores ink and then topped that with Tropical Teal. You can see a bit of the lighter coming through. I stamped the center of the wings using Hawaiian Shores. I added a few touches of white gel pen here and there on the body and wings of the butterfly. To finish off the card I added a few gemstones. BAM!

Here are the products I used for this card:
Card Stock: White, Kraft (PTI), Vellum (SU!)
Tools: Xyron Sticker maker (Amazon)
Miscellaneous: The Paper Studio Gemstones (Hobby Lobby)


 Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you thought of my creation.
Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


6 comments:

  1. LOVELY JOB!!!! The colors you chose are SO CHEERY! AND I LOVE how you used the little enamel dots! ;) BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!! ;) (I think your scripty background came out wonderfully! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE, Crystal! Perfect background for your sweet little butterfly - and what a fun challenge - I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card love the scripty background <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.