Thursday, May 4, 2017

Make It Monday #283 ~ Every Day

I'm back again with another Make It Monday challenge from Papertrey Ink. This weeks challenge is a watercolor wash background. I'm a huge fan of watercoloring so I just had to play along with this challenge. It was also a great excuse to play with some new goodies I got from Papertrey Ink.




I stamped the image from the Quoted: Start Again stamp using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed white embossing powder. I was very excited to have another chance to play with my new Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. They've been sadly neglected sitting on my shelf. I used a few colors to do my watercolor wash background. I cut down my piece of watercolor paper and then distressed the edges. I love the texture that gives to the card. I adhered the watercolored panel to a white card base and then I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint onto the whole card. I popped on a few sequins and called it done. Not sure that I like the image off center... but I did call it done! So it's done... :)

Here are the products I used for this card:
Card Stock: White (PTI), Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor (SSS)
Watercolors: Kuretake Gansai Tambi - Set of 24 (Amazon) 
Tools: Heat Tool (SU!)


 Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear what you thought of my creation.
Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

10 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal! I like the off center look, it's cool! And I love the colors you chose for your wash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great watercolor wash for the background of your sentiment! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY NICE! I got this stamp too & have yet to play with it, but the wash you did is FABULOUS WITH THIS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thought the sentiment was perfect for this technique. Hope you are able to play with yours soon. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.