Sunday, October 2, 2016

Butterflies and Roses

When I originally wrote this blog post I was super excited about posting my card. I absolutely love this sketch! But now I'm sad. Unfortunately, the owner/coordinator has decided to discontinue the challenges at Can You Case It?. I truly enjoyed my time with the CYCI Design Team. I'm still very honored to have been asked by my crafty friend, Eva, to join her team. I wish all the members of the team all the best in their crafty adventures.

In order to keep up with my busy busy life as a SAHM to four kids that I also homeschool, my plan to keep on track with the design team was to stay ahead on the challenges. So, I do have a card to share that would have been the next challenge. I absolutely love this sketch! I had a blast designing and creating this card!




I don't know if you've noticed but I tend to go with clean and simple designs. Now, sometimes I'll step out of that and really layer up a card. But typically, it's the pretty simple designs that I create. This grouping sketch is a mix of the two and it just made me happy!!




I stamped the butterfly image from Unity's Butterfly Endearment kit in Scarlet Jewel ink on Very Vanilla card stock and then fussy cut it out. I decided that the butterfly needed a little something so I grabbed my new Gold PanPastels from Fun Stampers Journey and applied some lovely gold shimmer to the butterfly. Sadly, it's not very visible in the picture. I stamped the large butterfly again in Crumb Cake ink on Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped over that image with the splatter stamp from the Touches of Texture set using Baked Brown Sugar ink (retired SU!). I die cut that image using the scallop circle die from the Circle Card Thinlits set (retired SU!) and adhered it to a circle piece I cut out of the Baked Brown Sugar card stock. I rounded out the wings on the larger scarlet butterfly using a bone folder. I adhered the scarlet butterfly to the crumb cake butterfly just adding glue to the thorax of the butterfly and then I lifted the wings.




I decided to stick with the butterfly theme so I stamped the three butterfly image directly on the Crumb Cake card base in Baked Brown Sugar ink. You're probably wondering where the three butterflies are... two are hidden behind the larger butterfly image. Poor butterflies!
I stamped the "hello darling" sentiment in Baked Brown Sugar ink on Crumb Cake card stock. I used the Hexagon punch (retired SU!) to cut the edge of the banner piece and then adhered it to a piece of Scarlet Jewel card stock, also cutting the edge with the hexagon punch. Now it was time to assemble all the pieces. I put a strip of gold glitter washi tape (SU! from Sale-A-Bration) just under the butterfly trio. I popped up the circle image and the sentiment using stampin' dimensionals. The white rose was also popped up with stampin' dimensionals, however, I had to double them so it didn't squish the banner or circle. I adhered the two pink roses with glue dots and called it done!

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.