Thursday, September 22, 2016

A Fun Birthday Card for a Stamping Friend

I love to send birthday cards! I just love it! Sometimes, I will make several cards that are the same or at least similar. Other times, I will make a card just for a particular person. In this case, I made this card for a stamping friend that some of you know, Ginger! Happy Birthday!




This card was pretty quick to put together once I decided what I wanted to do with it. I stamped the Hardwood background stamp from Stampin' Up! using Baked Brown Sugar ink (retired SU!) on Whisper White card stock. I sponged all over the background with the same ink. I didn't want it to be too dark. I added the flower outline from an older My Paper Pumpkin kit and then I decided I wanted to add the inner pieces for the flower. I colored them using a copic marker - YR09. I added a few more flowers, also coloring them a bit in the center with BG72 and BG75. I decided that I just had to add some sparkle so I used the clear Wink of Stella to make the whole flower shine. I placed the iced rhinestone (retired SU!) in the center of the flower. All that was left was the sentiment... I stamped the sentiment from the Endless Wishes set in Tangerine Tango ink on a pre-cut piece of white card stock from the paper pumpkin kit. I popped the sentiment up using stampin' dimensionals. To finish the card, I popped up the entire panel using stampin' dimensionals and adhered it to a White card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.