Friday, March 29, 2019

Unity Stamp Company ~ Soul Searching ~ Happy Birthday

Hello there! Today, I'm sharing a pretty happy birthday card that I created using Unity Stamp Company's Soul Searching stamp set from their Layers of Life membership.


I stamped the beautiful floral image on Canson XL watercolor paper using Ranger Archival jet black ink. I then heat set it with my heat tool and then pulled out my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush watercolor pens. So, you may notice that the consistency of the watercoloring is a little off... well, I started coloring and then walked away. I didn't get back to it until the next day. For some reason, I just wasn't able to color the remaining flowers in the same way. Does that ever happen to you?! I know this happens to me, so I tend to color an image in one sitting. Especially when it's something like this with all the same kind of flowers. If it was a mix of flowers, it would have been fine. I would have colored the 'roses' and saved the 'daisies' for next time. But that didn't work for this image. Oh well... I still love the gorgeous flowers!


I finished watercoloring the image and decided to die cut it out using the Pleated Lace Rectangle dies from Gina Marie Designs. I wanted to have some white space between the floral image and the sentiment... so I stamped the sentiment from the Abundant Blessings using VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine black embossing powder. I adhered the watercolored panel to a black card base. A very simple design... but still a lovely birthday card! I hope the recipient likes it!


Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. That is so pretty, I think you have done a great job with the flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.