Monday, February 11, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ January 2019 FOTM Card Kit ~ Let's Do Coffee!

Hello there! I just had to revisit the January 2019 Flavor of the Month card kit to make a couple more coffee themed cards for my stash. I'm not sure if I admitted this yet, but I believe that Brew It, Anya just may be my favorite stamp in this kit... very closely followed by the sweet Melting Snowman stamp set in the Banana Split subscription. But for today's post, I have created two cards using Brew It, Anya... both using the same sketch.


Since I was using my favorite stamp from the kit, I thought it only natural to use my favorite paper... Coffee Time by Scrapping for Less from Collection One. I can't get enough of this paper and I was excited to find that it's available in the store right here ---> A La Carte . I cut the necessary pieces for my cards and adhered them to white card bases from my stash.


I then searched through my leftover pieces of card stock from the kit to stamp Anya onto. I chose Whip Cream and Sno Cone card stock. I die cut her out using a scalloped circle die and then die cut the image again with a circle die (cutting out the center of the circle that I popped up on the cards). I stamped Anya again (twice) on Neenah 110# Classic Crest Smooth Solar White card stock included in the kit. For my first card, I kept Anya neutral to coordinate with the colors in the papers.

I colored my first Anya card with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, R20
Hair ~ E41, E42
Clothes ~ E43, E44, E47, E49
Cup ~ E44, E47, E49


For my second card, I tried to use similar colors to the paper so I added some blue to this one.

I colored in my second Anya with the following Copic markers:
 Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E13
Hair ~ E41, E42
Clothes ~ E44, E47, E49, B000, B00, BG0000, BG000, BG10
Cup ~ E43, E44, E47, E49

As I mentioned earlier, I popped up the circle portion of the main image using foam tape and then I adhered the scallop with just a little bit of liquid glue. I love the dimension this gives to the focal image! I found a couple different sentiments in the kit to use for each card. I stamped them and then die cut them out using a banner die. I also popped the sentiments up on the card using foam tape.


To finish off the cards, I added some glossy accents (from my stash) to the little bear barrettes and also added some sequins from Collection One. And that's it! A couple more cards using the fabulous January 2019 Perk Up and Start the New Year Card Kit!
I love this kit so much! There's still a few card kits available... get yours before they're all gone!!


Thank you friends for checking out my blog post!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs!
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh these are cuuuute!!!
    I love her too!!!
    Thanks for enabling!! This kit is ordered, and on the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.