Sunday, January 22, 2017

CYCI145 ~ A Cuppy Cake Birthday!!

It's that time again... time for another CYCI challenge!! I'm excited! I'm always excited about these challenges... if you haven't already noticed! I am loving the colors that Eva put together for this color challenge... blue, purple, silver, and white! Aren't those fabulous?!




I started off with a piece of watercolor paper and used Violet and Ultramarine Blue Color Burst to make a beautiful watercolor piece. I also added some Silver silks splatter. I then cut out the scallop circle using Pretty Pink Posh's Scallop Circles dies. I went back and forth on how white I wanted to keep the card and finally decided I wanted a nice clean white card base and background. I'm always needing birthday cards, so I inked up this beautiful cupcake from Unity's Cuppy Cakes kit in stazon jet black ink on watercolor paper. I used the same color burst colors to color the cupcake sticking with just the four colors for the challenge. I even used silver silks to color in the leaf of the flower and some other accents on the cupcake, rather than a traditional green. I wanted the icing to be mostly white with a bit of color here and there and I really love the way this one turned out! I cut out the 'birthday' from the same watercolor piece and adhered it directly to the card base. I cut out the 'happy' from a scrap of brushed silver card stock. The cupcake was popped up using stampin' dimensionals. To finish this beauty off, I painted the back of a few glossy dots that I had made with Fun Stampers Journey's Journey Glaze with some Silver silks. I let those dry and adhered a few around the circle and one in the center of the flower. 




A close-up picture of the cupcake... doesn't it look yummy!




Now I couldn't just toss the cut out pieces from the first card! I made an alternate card using them... and I used some other pieces that I had made while working on the first card.


 canyoucaseit.com


Here's a look at the color challenge. Be sure to click on it and you'll see all the wonderful creations from the CYCI Design Team! I sure hope you'll play along.

Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Cuppy Cakes (Unity)
Card Stock: white (PTI), watercolor paper (SSS)
Inks: StazOn Jet Black (SSS)
Tools: Hello You thinlets dies (SU!), Birthday Trio die (PTI); Summer Greetings Wafer dies (SSS), Scallop Circles die (PrettyPinkPosh)

Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are perfect for this challenge! I love the watercolor technique. I just love your cards period!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors together on the backgrounds. Love the cupcake too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.