Saturday, January 13, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 41 ~ Love Owl with Stitched Star Background ~ Angie Blom Digital Designs

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 41 for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group. Today I'm featuring the brand new Love Owl and Stitched Star Background digital stamps from our wonderful challenge sponsor Angie Blom Digital Designs.


I combined and resized the Stitched Star Background and the Love Owl in a Word Document. I also added a sentiment from the Christmas Shop digital stamps and resized it. I ink smooshed a piece of white card stock using Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks being sure to keep the inks on the top half of the card stock. Dried the background with my heat tool and then I printed the combination of digital stamps onto the card stock.


I trimmed the Stitched Star Background and adhered it to a 5-1/4 x 4" piece of True Black card stock and then adhered my panel to a Stampers Select White card stock A2 card base. I colored up the sweet and adorable Love Owl using a handful of Copic markers. I fussy cut it and cleaned up the lines by coloring the edges with a Memento Tuxedo Black marker.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:
Owl: E53, E55, E57, BG0000, BG000, BG02, YR15, YR27, Y11, Y15
Scarf: Y11, Y15, Y35
Branch: E53, E55
Pine Needles: YG11, G24, G46
Berries: R20, R14


I die cut a piece of vellum card stock using the X Stitched Circle die from Gina Marie Designs. I trimmed off the bottom edge of the die cut circle which I think grounds the owl. It just didn't look right with the complete circle. I adhered the owl to the vellum circle and then adhered the circle to the card by just applying glue behind the owl. I trimmed up the sentiment and adhered it to the card. To finish off the card I added a few enamel dots.


Here's another look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 41 for the month of January. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. Today you changed a few of my set ideas. Sketches usually do nothing for me. This one is so dynamic, you'd have a stunning card with anything you used with this design. What a fab thing to do with the vellum. I love vellum so much & use it seldom. I usually like birds & animals that are fairly realistic. In love with this owl & hope Angie has more!! Your post has filled me with ideas. Much appreciated! Marsha


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marsha! I really appreciate the visit and the comment! Hugs!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.