Thursday, January 11, 2024

Inky Smooshed Hope Card ~ Cancer Support with Elegance of Hope ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend! 
Unity started a new Monthly Tribute Series that include awesome stamps that can connect people and bring compassion into the world. The big C word is one that so many have been affected by either with a personal diagnosis or a family or friend being diagnosed. After a very long battle with cancer, my wonderful Mother-in-Law passed away in 2007. Even though that's 17 years ago now, I feel her loss each and every day. So I wanted to make a card in her memory because she's the one that started me on this crafty journey of making cards. 


The best therapy I know is ink smooshing! I'm serious... I don't know if it's the act of smooshing the ink on my glass top or seeing how the colors interact and mingle. Whatever it is, it's the best therapy! I love it! I ink smooshed Salvaged Patina, Kitsch Flamingo and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide inks on white card stock leaving some bits of white here and there. I dried my background with my Wagner Precision Heat Tool and then I stamped the Cancer Support Background with Black Amalgam ink in my Stamp Platform. I stamped it several times to get a nice crisp image. And then I die cut the ink smooshed background with the largest die from the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}.


I adhered the background directly to a white A2 top fold card base. The white mat of the card base helps the bits of white in the ink smooshed background to pop. The beautiful ribbon and flowers of the Elegance of Hope stamp is so lovely. I stamped it with Black Amalgam ink and colored it up with some Copic markers. And then I fussy cut it leaving a thin white border around the image. I adhered it to a die cut circle of vellum card stock that was die cut using the largest die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. I then adhered the circle to the card base by just adding glue behind the image. I trimmed the extra  portion of circle that was hanging off the edge.

Here's a quick list of the Copic Markers I used:

Ribbon: BG11, BG32
Leaves: YG11, G24
Pink Flower: RV10, RV13
Yellow Flower: Y11, Y15, YR15, YR68


I stamped the top portion of the Cancer Support background on a scrap of card stock and colored the heart with RV10 and RV13. Fussy cut the sentiment leaving a thin white border and then I added foam tape to the back and popped it up on the card. That's it for me today! I hope you've found some inspiration for this wonderful combination of stamps. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and so meaningful. Cancer has touched most of our lives in one way or another. We will never forget those who fought valiantly. Your MIL is proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.