Monday, January 1, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 41 ~ A Gift Just for You ~ Angie Blom Digital Designs

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card featuring the adorable snowman from the A Gift Just For You Digital Stamp Set from Angie Blom Digital Designs! We're changing things up for 2024 and Angie Blom Digital Designs is Sponsoring our {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 41!! Angie has generously offered up two $15 e-gift certificates in Canadian currency for our Sketch 41 prizes! Woohoo! Thanks so much, Angie!


I started my card by combining and resizing the digital stamps in the A Gift Just For You digi set in a Word Document. I printed them off onto white card stock. Now, I did actually pick out my pattern papers before coloring my image... yay for remembering! But I didn't realize how bright the white focal piece would be with these papers. I think if I redid this one I'd use a Very Vanilla card stock from Stampin' Up or Vintage Cream card stock from Papertrey Ink to print of my digital stamps.


All of my paper layers are from the Authentique Snowfall Collection 6x6 paper pad. The red text pattern paper measures 5 x 3-3/4". The blue tree and snowman paper measures 3-1/8 x 1-1/4". The purple snowflakes paper measures 3-1/8 x 2-1/8". And the snowman paper measures 1-1/2 x 3-1/2". All my measurements are from the {BYSHC} Sketch 41... except the red text pattern paper. I went with a smaller piece than the sketch calls for.


Next I die cut the snowman using a die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. And then I colored it up with the following Copic markers:

Snowman: C00, C1, C3, YR21, YR15, R20, R14
Snow: C00, C1, C3
Hat: C00, C1, C3, 
Scarf: BV0000, BV11, B21, B97, B99 
Red Gift: R20, R14, YG11, G24
Green Gift: YG11, G24, R14
Blue Gift: B21, B97, B99, Y15, Y28
Banner: R20, R14


I added foam tape to the back of the die cut focal circle and popped it up on the card to finish it off.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 41 for the month of January. I am loving this sketch! So many possibilities depending on the papers you use. I'm excited to see what everyone does with it. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! You won't regret it! The design team had a blast with this one!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.