Thursday, April 11, 2024

'Scraps' Birthday Cards {Take 2} ~ Possible, Not Easy Plus a Few More Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I finally had some time to finish up the 'scraps' cards I've mentioned over the last couple of weeks. This time I only had enough scraps to make three cards. It feels so good to finish up another pattern paper pack. These are the papers I used for a few Easter cards last month for TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 19. I'm excited to pick out another leftover paper pack and finish it off too!


For my first card, I used just two scraps on a yellow card front measuring 4 x 5-1/4". A super simple design. The beautiful coneflower from the Possible, Not Easy stamps from Unity are just perfect on top of a vellum circle I die cut using a scalloped circle die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}, also from Unity.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Petals: Y11, Y15, Y35
Flower Center: E21, E23, E25, E29
Stem / Leaves: YG11, YG03


For all three cards today I used the 'happy birthday' sentiment from the awesome Feline Funny stamps from Unity. I stamped them with Black Amalgam ink on a scrap of Stampers Select White card stock and then cut them into strips. The sentiment on this card is popped up with foam tape while everything else is adhered directly to the card base.


I had one skinny strip of polka dot paper so I adhered it inside the card. A great way to use those skinny strips and also add a pretty touch to the inside of the card.


For my second card I used four little scraps... it just made sense to make a step pattern. It's different, but I kind of like it. I couldn't wait to ink up Feline Funny! I love this cat! And I used the coordinating Feline Funny die to die cut him out.


This time the sentiment is adhered to the red card front while the kitty is popped up with foam tape. I used just a handful of Copic markers to color up this kitty: C00, C1, C3, R00, R20, YG11, YG03.


For my third and last card, I used my last three scraps. Two are on the front of the card in a similar design as my first card. And I inked up the adorable giraffe from the Darling Menagerie stamps from Unity. I die cut the giraffe using another circle die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. I used just a few markers to color up the giraffe... YR21, YR15, YR68, YR24 and then used C3 and C00 for the outline around the giraffe. 


I trimmed the sentiment down for this card and adhered it directly over the pattern papers. And this time I popped up the giraffe using foam tape.


My last scrap went inside the card and it wasn't long enough to fit across so I cut a little fishtail on the one end. Done. These cards are so easy peasy and they were quick once I figured out what I was going to do. So excited to add three more cards to my stash and have another paper pack done! Woohoo! What do you think of the simple designs? Yay or nay? Well, I'm excited to pick out another paper pack to finish off. I'm hoping to find one that will work with the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 20. And I'll be back here on Tuesday with inspiration for the sketch challenge! Have a wonderful week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy to share! Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

      Delete
  2. These appear to be cards that can be completed quickly and they are super cute!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda! Yes, they are and perfect to finish off those last few scraps of pattern paper!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.