Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 20 ~ Spectrum Gardenia ~ 49 and Market

 Hello there crafty friend!
We're on Spring break here at the Minkler casa so I needed to throw together a card real quick. Beautiful papers and ephemera always come to the rescue when I'm in need of a quick card. I was reorganizing some of my ephemera awhile back and remembered the gorgeous Spectrum Gardenia collection from 49 and Market. Naturally, that came to mind when I needed a quick card for today.


I purchased these gorgeous papers and ephemera from the awesome crafty store in Deepwater, Missouri called The Craft Lab. {<--- Click the store name to check out the website!} I go to this awesome little store once a year for a fun get together. And, of course, I do a bit of shopping! I couldn't resist these papers and ephemera... so many wonderful pieces in the ephemera pack and the colors in these papers! Gorgeous!!


My card front is cut from paper in the Gardenia Solids 12x12 Collection Pack. It measures 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". All of the other pieces are ephemera from the Gardenia Ephemera Bits. I trimmed the large piece of ephemera to 3-1/4 x 5-1/2". And I just now noticed that I adhered it upside down on the card front. HA HA HA!! Oh well... it is what it is! The card front is adhered to a white A2 card base.


I had so much fun just looking through all the ephemera and picking pieces to put together. The tag and view finder piece are adhered together and I popped them up on the card. I also adhered the little ticket and heart and then stapled it to the tag. I adhered just the center of the butterfly so the wings are free... giving some fun dimension to the card. I popped up the sentiment strip using foam tape.



Here's a look at the fun new sketch for Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 20. This sketch does call for larger pieces so if you have a fun paper pad you've been wanting to cut into... now's the time! The sketch, as always, is meant to inspire not require. So let the sketch lead in your design, but don't feel limited by it. My card is a great example as I changed up the focal piece and the circle.



I finished off the card with some crinkled ribbon from Polka Dot Orchard and a few black rhinestones from the Rainbow Bling Rhinestones from Gina Marie Designs. I'm so happy with how this card turned out! I hope you're inspired to play along with the sketch... and maybe even pull out some papers and ephemera that you haven't played with yet! Have a wonderful week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.