Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Membership Wednesday ~ September 2023 BOM Off the Grid ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a fun card using the cool September 2023 Background of the Month membership from Unity called Off the Grid. I had a fun idea for a background only using a portion of the stamp.


I stamped a piece of white card stock using Sugar Cube Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions. I applied Alabaster White Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe and melted it with my heat tool. 


Then came the fun part... I ink smooshed some Candy Apple and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks. I also blended some of the inks to fill in the background.


I die cut the background using the largest die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies, also from Unity. I dried the background completely, added some white acrylic paint splatters, and then adhered it to a white A2 top fold card base.


I stamped the beautiful Zinnia on a scrap of white card stock really only focusing on the one flower. I didn't want the whole cluster for my card so the grid background would show. I colored up the zinnia with just a few purple Copic markers: V0000, V000, V12, V17. I didn't want it very dark so it would pop on the background. I stamped the 'hello' sentiment from the September 2023 Kit of the Month called Harvest Hues. Love the distressed look of the sentiment. The flower is fussy cut and I colored up the edges using a Memento Tuxedo Black marker to make it all nice and neat. I also fussy cut the sentiment but I left the edges white. Both are popped up on the card with foam tape.


Here's a quick look at the Background of the Month membership this month! So fun! This membership is available for only $18.99. That includes shipping! Included with both of these memberships is a wonderful inspiration sheet with pictures and step-by-step instructions for two cards so you can easily recreate the cards yourself. And now when you sign up you have the ability to pause, skip or cancel your subscription within your Unity account.


I'm playing along with the Color Hues Challenge #72: Purple & Red


 Well, that's it for me today! I'll be back in two weeks with inspiration for one of the fab October memberships. Just not sure at this point which one I want to play with first. {Be warned... they are ALL amazing!!} Until then, have an ink-tastic day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of only using a portion of the grid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your red and purple grid background is such a pretty stage for your star of the show, zinnia. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is certainly one of my favorite cards in the gallery, Crystal! I totally enjoyed reading your post and your process. Awesome, awesome job! Delighted to see you in our gallery at Color Hues! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

      Delete
  4. Love that background stamp and all the inky goodness in your background, a great use of the Color Hues colours. Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards showing off our challenge colors in a beautiful way! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, Hannelie! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.