Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Baby Wipe Technique ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is one that I love to play with when I'm using large block stamps without much detail on them... the Baby Wipe Technique! This is an oldie but a goodie, for sure!


First up, I used the gorgeous Painted Poinsettias for two no layer cards. These were so fun to make and super easy!


I opened up the card base and masked off the back of the card using a post it note and Pixie Tape. Added a bunch of drops of reinker from a few fun dye ink colors in my stash to a clean baby wipe. Basically, this turned the baby wipe into my ink pad. I then stamped the larger poinsettia all over the background filling up as much of the white space as I could.


 Once I was happy with that I stamped the smaller poinsettia using the medium color from my dye inks. I just adore pink on holiday cards!


 My second card using the very same technique and steps. The only difference is I moved the sentiment for this one. I do love how the black sentiment pops on the card.


Once I had the backgrounds done, I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment using Black Amalgam ink.


Experimented a bit with my third card and used the lightest pink color for my smaller poinsettia on a couple of the flowers. And I just didn't like it as much. I set it aside for awhile but decided to add some gold silk splatter and I think it makes the card so much better.


I dried the background and then stamped the sentiment using Black Amalgam ink again.


And my last card... I wanted to show how you could step up the card a bit if you're wanting more layers. I used Distress Watercolor Paper for this one which gives the card a lot of texture. I do think the Baby Wipe Technique worked well with the watercolor paper. 


Die cut the background using the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}. Wrapped it a few times with some Black May Arts Burlap String. I then adhered it to a black card base.

You can check out my process video here for creating the backgrounds... Baby Wipe Technique | Technique Tuesday | Unity Stamp Co.




Such a fun and simple technique with so many possibilities depending on what colors you use and the mix of stamps! If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. You lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.