Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 19 ~ Epstein and Garfield ~ Rubbernecker Stamps

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a brand new sketch for the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Facebook group. I had to much fun that I ended up making two cards to share! I'm still working on some birthday cards to build up my stash. And I'm still trying to use up those leftover papers from my days on the Scrapping for Less Design Team. These leftover papers have just been sitting there taking up room in my studio for over 3 years now. I challenged myself last month to start using them all up!! So, I'll be sharing the cards I create throughout the month. Some will be using the new TOPII sketch and others will just be ideas I came up with using the last few scraps. I hope you're inspired to not only play along with this month's sketch, but also use up those scraps right along with me!


My two cards for TOPII Sketch 19 featuring owl stamps from Rubbernecker Stamps. I thought these cuties would be perfect for this sketch! I used Epstein and Garfield... I can't seem to find them on the website now, but they do have a fun Have a Hoot stamp set that includes Epstein and a stamp that is kinda similar to Garfield. Always happy to enable crafty friends!


First up is the adorable Epstein owl from Rubbernecker Stamps. Isn't he just the cutest?! I stamped him up using Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. I think I might need to add some ink to my ink pad though. I just couldn't get a crisp stamping of his eyes. I will likely color them in black with my Memento Tuxedo Black marker. 


I used up a bunch of the pattern papers last week with my three cards for Sketch 18 so I decided to just use a strip of the pattern paper for my cards today. These strips measure 1-3/4 x 5-1/4". I also used some leftover card stock for my red card front and for the white scallops strips. So I don't actually know what brand of card stock these are.


I didn't want to cover up the pretty pattern paper so I die cut a vellum circle using a die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies} from Unity. I adhered the owls to the vellum circle and then adhered the vellum circle by just adding glue behind the owls so none of the glue would show through the vellum.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color Epstein up:

Feathers: W00, W1, W3, W5, E84, E87, E89
Eyes: Y11, Y15, Y26
Beak / Feet: YR15, YR27
Heart: R20, R14, R46 


Here's a look at the fun new sketch for Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 19. I think this'll be a good sketch for those larger leftover pieces. The sketch, as always, is meant to inspire not require. So let the sketch lead in your design, but don't feel limited by it. I have a few fun ideas for this sketch and I hope to play some more with it during the next few weeks.


My second card featuring the cute Garfield owl from Rubbernecker Stamps.
I used another scrap for this card along with a fun yellow card front from my stash. I love how the yellow background makes Garfield's eyes and cup pop on the card.


I used an old scallop edge punch from Stampin' Up with some scraps of white card stock to make the fun white scallop edges. I punched them and then trimmed the edges... I'd say they're about 1/2" wide so I could just adhere them to the pattern paper strip before adhering the strips to the card fronts.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up Garfield:
 
Feathers: W00, W1, W3, W5, E84, E87, E89
Eyes / Cup: Y11, Y15, Y26
Beak / Feet: YR15, YR27 


The sentiment is from the Gotta Love Sentiments from Unity Stamp Co. I trimmed them and popped them up with foam tape. So happy with how these cards turned out and they didn't take very long either! I hope you're inspired to play along with the sketch... and maybe even use up some of those paper scraps and/or paper pads! Have a wonderful week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.