Thursday, February 15, 2024

'Scraps' Birthday Cards ~ Grin & Purr Plus a Few More Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I finally finished up the 'scraps' cards I've been working on using up all the leftover papers I've mentioned the last couple of weeks. I was able to make four more birthday cards using strips and pieces of the pattern papers leftover from the TOP Inky Inspiration cards I created earlier this month. Next week I'll be sharing one last card for the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 18 and I'm going to pick another pack of papers that will be my focus to finish up. Have you used up any of your pattern paper scraps? I hope you're inspired to join me and finish up all these paper scraps we have taking up space.


My first two cards. These are all very simple designs.


For my first card I was able to add blocks of pattern paper to a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of thin white card stock. I did have a couple bits and pieces hang off of the card stock that I'll admit I cut off and threw away. They were too small to do anything with and it actually felt good to allow myself to let them go. To cover up the line in the middle of the card I die cut a ric rac piece from white card stock and adhered it. I think it works well for covering up that ugly line and it adds a little something to the card. For this card, I stamped the awesome new Grin & Purr stamp that just released over at Unity. I LOVE this cat! Oh my gosh! And the sentiments are so purr-fect!! LOL!

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up the kitty: 

Ears: R00, R20
Eyes: C00, C1, C3
Fur: W00, W1, W3
Bow Tie: V12, V15, V17 and white gel pen


My second card was created using up a bunch of the strips of the pattern paper. This was so fun to put together. I tried a few different arrangements of the papers but settled on this one. I like the contrast of the papers. I adhered all the strips to a 4-1/4 x 5" piece of a thin white card stock. Trimmed off the excess from the edges (which wasn't a lot, actually) and tossed them in the trash. Yup! So freeing! I adhered the card front to a white A2 top fold card base. I didn't want to cover up the papers so I stamped the Bevy of Balloons background stamp just focusing on the larger middle balloon. I blended some Wilted Violet Distress Oxide around the balloon. I stamped the sentiment from the Cheers & Confetti set. And then just fussy cut it out. Added some white baker's twine and popped up the balloon on the card with some foam tape.


My next two cards. Also simple designs.


My third card finished up the larger scraps I had. I actually cut the larger polka dots paper to adhere on either side of the other paper strips. Again, I adhered all the papers to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" card front of thin white card stock that I trimmed down to 4 x 5-1/4" and adhered to a white A2 top fold card base. Now, for this card I didn't want to cover up much of the papers so I chose Winnie the Pooh: Pooh Just Knew. It wasn't too big and the balloon worked well with the balloons in the papers. I die cut Pooh and Piglet using the coordinating die (doesn't look like it's in stock right now). The sentiment is from the Rainbow Birthday stamps... love these stamps! Great sentiments, too!

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color Pooh & Piglet:

Pooh: Y11, Y15
Piglet: RV10, RV13, RV04
Balloon: V000, V12, V15
Butterfly: BG11, BG32, Y15


And my last card... a hodgepodge of the papers I had left. These didn't quite fit on a full card front. I adhered them to a white A2 top fold card base. I chose the adorable Life's a Party Gnome. Isn't he just the cutest?! I colored him up using colors from the papers. I didn't want to cover up all the papers in the background so I die cut an oval using the Oval Frames Die Set from Newton's Nook Designs. I fussy cut the gnome leaving a skinny white border around him. Adhered him to the vellum and then adhered the vellum oval to the card by applying glue just behind the gnome. To finish off this card, I added a few yellow enamel dots from the Wish Upon a Star Enamel Dots from Echo Park Paper.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up the gnome:

Skin: E000, E00, E11
Beard: C00, C1, C3
Shoes: N1, N3, N5
Cake Hat: E21, E23, E25
Frosting: BG11, BG32, RV13, Y15
Candle: Y11, Y15, YR16
Banner: RV10, RV13

Four more birthday cards for my stash! Woohoo! What do you think of the simple designs? I think they turned out nice. So happy to have finished off a pack of papers though!! Excited to pick out another one and get creative. I hope you've been inspired to pull out some of those papers scraps and finish off some paper packs. Have a wonderful week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

3 comments:

  1. Love these cards. Using up my scrap is my goal this year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! That cat is awesome! It is my favorite card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.