Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Unity Stamp Company ~ Cuddlebug Raccoon with Pumpkin Patch {border backgrounds} ~ Happy Fall

Hi there crafty friends!
I wanted to share one of the cards that I created for the latest Unity Stamp Company release using the adorable Cuddlebug Raccoon and gorgeous Pumpkin Patch {border backgrounds} stamps!!

My original plan was to make a simple card with the cute raccoon in the back and the pumpkins in the corner but then I colored the raccoon and the leaves and nuts and realized that the pumpkins would cover a lot of that up so, I got to thinking how to work around that and decided to make a pocket card!


 Like I said, I colored the raccoon and also the pumpkins.
 I used the following Copic markers:
Raccoon ~ W00, W1, W2, W4, N0, N1, N2, N4, N7
Ground ~ E21, E23
Pumpkins/Leaves ~ BG09, BG18, BG72, YR14, YR15, YR21, YR24, YR27, YR68, G24, G94, G99 Nuts ~ E55, E57, E59

Once the images were colored, I die cut the pumpkins on the edge and then fussy cut the inner portion. I die cut the raccoon and layered him with some pretty fall paper from Carta Bella called Hello Fall. I adhered that to a True Black card measuring 3-3/4 x 4-7/8"... on the other side of the Cuddlebug Raccoon I added a piece of white card stock measuring 3-1/2 x 4-5/8". That's where I can add a personal message to the recipient. I tied off some jute twine and set that part of the card aside.


I die cut a piece of kraft card stock with the same stitched rectangle die I used for the edge of the pumpkins and then I adhered the kraft piece to a True Black card measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2... so it's not a card base, it's just a card front. Using tear & tape adhesive I adhered the pumpkins to the card just on the very edge leaving the pocket for the raccoon card.


A fun way to incorporate a portion of the new Pumpkin Patch {border backgrounds} stamp along with the adorable Cuddlebug Raccoon! I just love how this turned out! I hope you do too!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog today!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. This is an adorable idea, Crystal. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea Crystal, I would not have thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a brilliant idea, thank you for sharing your idea and for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.