Sunday, July 14, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Petals for the Pittman's ~ Happy Daisy

Hey there crafty friends!
I'm back with another card featuring the Petals for the Pittman's digi set by Polka Dot Orchard... this time, I'm sharing a card using the Daisy that I designed for the set. Daisies are my most favorite flower!! When Jessica asked if I wanted to contribute to the fundraiser, I just knew I had to draw a daisy... had to!!


I resized and combined a bunch of daisies on a Word document and printed them off, but I decided to just go with the single daisy. There's just something about white daisies... the purity and innocence of this sweet little flower. I thought it was fitting for the fundraiser, as well, because the daisy represents new beginnings and that's my hope for the Pittman's... that they will get through this ordeal and look forward to new beginnings. 


For my card design, I wanted the daisy to pop and what better background makes a white flower pop than black! I also love the combination of neutrals with the white, black, and kraft. So I started with a 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" piece of kraft card stock that I ran through my Big Shot with the Bold Borders: Flare die from Papertrey Ink. I then ran it through again with a piece of Harvest Gold card stock just grabbing the little dots and setting the other piece aside for another time. I adhered the die cuts to a True Black card base and then fussy cut my daisy that I had already colored with the following Copic markers ~ N0, N1, YG11, YG23, YG25, Y06, Y11, Y35.


I popped up my fussy cut daisy and moved on to my sentiment... I decided to just use the Happy die that's included with the Bold Borders: Flare die. I die cut it twice from scraps of Harvest Gold and white card stock. I layered the die cuts and then adhered them to the card. Done!

I hope you'll check out the fabulous Petals for the Pittman's digi set at Polka Dot Orchard... it's a huge and amazing set that is for a wonderful cause! There's also prizes up for grabs if you enter the Linky Party over at Polka Dot Orchard. Lots of prizes you can win by entering a floral card!! But it's only for a limited time so go check out the details... Polka Dot Orchard!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

3 comments:

  1. Love your Daisy.
    Looks so pretty
    on the black and
    hold card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE daisies...they were my moms wedding bouquet 51yrs ago. This is so pretty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and it's perfect with the single white daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.