Monday, July 1, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Magic of Christmas ~ Believe

Hello there friends!
I have some super exciting news and if you follow my crafty page (link above... just under my blog heading) you may have already heard but I've designed my very first digi set and it's available just in time for Christmas in July!!! Eeeek!! It's called Magic of Christmas and I truly hope that you like it! A huge thank you to Jessica Burnham of Polka Dot Orchard for her encouragement and for helping to make this dream come true! You can check out the whole digi set right here ---> Magic of Christmas!


For my first card I resized and combined Santa's Belt with the Believe in the Season sentiment. I also cropped the Believe in the Season sentiment so that I could separate the sentiment into two parts. Such a fun way to give more variety to the already crazy amount of sentiments included in this sweet digi set! Once I had the images all compiled on my Word Document, I printed it off and cut the card stock into 4 card fronts... setting aside the other 3 for another time. And then I started coloring and there's just something about coloring an image that you created... it was so awesome. Anywho, I used the following Copic markers to color Santa's Belt ~ N0, N2, N4, N7, Y06, Y15, Y26, YR23, E27.
I cut my panel down and mat it on True Black card stock and then I found some cute Christmas papers... 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Volume 1 by Echo Park. I trimmed those down and mat them on Scarlet Jewel card stock and then adhered it to a 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" piece of True Black card stock. I wrapped some True Black ribbon around the card front and then adhered it to a white card base. I popped up the main panel using foam tape and there you have it... my first card!!


My second card was just as easy... in fact, it was also on the same Word Document as Santa's Belt. So it was already printed and waiting to be colored next. I had a blast coloring this one too! I used the following Copic markers for Santa's Hat ~ N0, N1, N3, R000, R14, R27, R46.
Once I was happy with my coloring, I die cut the panel and set it aside. I went searching through my Christmas papers again and loved this beautiful red plaid from Echo Park's I Love Christmas paper pad. I trimmed it down to 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" and adhered it directly to a white card base. I popped up the main panel and off set it a bit... love the interest it gives the card. And my final touch was a holly and berry mix of sequins! Love it!

Happy Christmas in July friends!! Thanks so much for checking out my blog post!
I hope that maybe my cards have inspired you to get a jump on your Christmas cards this year! I've got two done already... woohoo!! Lol! If you'd like to check out the Magic of Christmas digi set, you can do that right here... Magic of Christmas digi set!!

See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.