Friday, July 12, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Pink & Main ~ Happy Camper with Galaxy Foil

Hey there crafty friends! 
Today I'm sharing an adorable card using the sweetest little camper set called Happy Camper from Pink & Main. I paired this sweet set with the beautiful Galaxy Foil papers also from Pink & Main... these two products were literally made for each other!!


I've been wanting to make a long card... one that will fit in a #10 envelope. I love to change things up sometimes and this size of card is fun to play with! I started with a 8-1/2 x 11" piece of kraft card stock. I trimmed it down to 8-1/2 x 8" and then on the 8" side, I scored it right in the middle at 4"... giving me a 8-1/2 x 4" card base. A #10 envelope is actually larger, measuring at 4-1/8 x 9-1/2" so you could actually make a larger card if you'd like. This was just the size I decided to go with.


I had my card base and I had picked out my Galaxy Foil paper... but then I realized my paper was only 6" so how do I make a long card with this short patterned paper. Well, I found that Gina K.'s Plum Punch card stock coordinated with the Galaxy Foil paper and that helped to fill in the rest of my background. And to finish off my scene, I die cut some Gina K. Grass Green card stock using the Grassy Border die from Lawn Fawn. I then adhered my grass layers to the plum card stock being sure to not glue down the top layer of grass blades so I could tuck in my car and camper.


Speaking of... how adorable is this car and camper!! They were so much fun to color!! I love all the scallops and swirls... so fun!! There are so many cute images in this set too! I just love that little backpack... it reminded me of a denim backpack that I had as a kid so I colored it to look like it, except mine was green. :) How cute is that sentiment 'Happy trails!'... I thought this would be a cute card to send to someone going out on an adventure maybe camping or taking an RV around the country seeing all the sights!


Oh my goodness... these adorable bears!! I love their cute faces! I had a blast coloring them too. They look ready to enjoy some camping fun. And that crown on the glamping girl bear... love!!!


I finished off the card with some kraft twine... it filled in that empty space in that top right corner... and I think it fits with the whole camping/outdoors theme. I used a bunch of Copic markers to color in the images... here they are:

Girl Bear ~ E21, E23, E25, R00, R20, R21, R43
Flashlight/Crown ~ V0000, V04, V12, Y06, Y35
Boy Bear ~ E21, E25, E27, R20, B95, B97, YG17, YG23
S'mores ~ E27, Y06, Y35, W0, W1
Lamp ~ N0, N2, N4, Y06, Y11, Y35, R27
Car/Camper ~ B0000, B000, B02, V0000, V04, V12, N0, N2, N4, N7, R14, R27, Y06, Y11
Backpack ~ R00, R21, R43, B95, B97, B99, E35, E37

I had so much fun creating this card... I sure hope you enjoy it!! 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.