Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ Magic of Christmas & Reason For The Season ~ Christmas in July

Hello there crafty friends!
I'm here today with one last Christmas in July post sharing a few more creations using the digi stamps I created for this coming Christmas season. Both of these digi sets are available at Polka Dot Orchard.


My first card is using the sweet kneeling Santa with baby Jesus from the Reason For The Season digi set... I just love this scene! I also added the digi star for this card... like the star was Santa's guide to Jesus. I paired these images up with the perfect paper called Wise Men Still Seek Him by Echo Park. I love the regal colors of the paper and the brighter colors of Santa and baby Jesus pop on the card.

Supplies used for this card:
Copics:
Santa ~ N0, N2, N3, N4, C00, C1, C3, R000, R14, R20, R27, E000, E00, E21
Manger/Straw ~ E55, E57, Y15, Y21
Baby Jesus ~ E23, E25, E55, B0000, B02, B14, E00, E21
Ground ~ E30, E31, E33
Star ~ Y000, Y15
Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banner die
My Favorite Things Blueprints 15 dies


My second card is a fun card to send a friend during the month of July... but since it's a digi stamp you could alter this sentiment and have it just say Happy Christmas. I really love the combination of papers I used with the colored image from the Magic of Christmas digi set... so bright and cheery!

Supplies used for this card:
Copics ~ N0, N2, N3, N4, C00, C1
Uniball Gold gel pen
Echo Park A Perfect Winter paper pad
Carta Bella Santa's Workshop enamel dots
Taylored Expressions Stitched Rectangle Stacklets
Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders


My last creation to share today actually isn't a card, it's a gift that I've made and will put in a 6 x 6" frame... just a little funny Christmas decoration that can be hung up in the house. I know just the right person to give it to... I know she'll love it!! I knew that I wanted to add a layer of patterned paper to the main image so I made sure not to make the digis too big. If you're familiar with the Magic of Christmas digi set, you may have noticed that Santa's hat is flipped in the other direction well... digis are awesome that way!! You can rotate them, flip them, resize them... so many possibilities!! 


I colored the images with the following Copic markers:
Santa's Hat ~ R000, R14, R27, C00, C1
Santa's Boots ~ N0, N2, N3, N5, C00, C1

I trimmed down the main panel and some how my top left corner got messed up so I had to find something to fix it and I decided to go with a corner punch. I then mat the piece on True Black card stock and wrapped some pretty silver ribbon on either side. I tied a little bow and used a glue dot to add it to the panel. I set that aside and got my base done. I thought this Santa paper from the Celebrate Christmas paper pad by Echo Park was a perfect backdrop for the main panel... I trimmed it down to 5-3/4 x 5-3/4" and mat it with a 5-13/16 x 5-13/16" piece of True Black card stock. I just wanted a skinny black mat. And then my final layer is a Real Red 6 x 6" piece of card stock. I adhered all those layers together and then popped up my main panel with foam tape. I love how this turned out and I'm so excited to have a Christmas gift done already!! Isn't that crazy!! Lol!!


Here's a close up of the sparkle on Santa's Hat... I used the Sakura clear stardust gelly roll pen. Oh, and for the buckles on Santa's Boots I used the Uniball Signo silver gel pen... though in the picture it looks white. It's just the shine on the silver gel pen. 

That's the last of my Christmas in July creations for this year! 
I've had so much fun getting ahead on my Christmas cards and projects! 

Some of the wonderful Polka Dot Orchard Design Team members joined me in our very first Instagram Hop on July 25th sharing all kinds of beautiful Christmas in July creations... if you haven't had a chance to hop yet, be sure to check it out. Here's a link to get you started at the Polka Dot Orchard Instagram. Or you can start on my Instagram ---> here or there's also a link at the top of my blog to my Instagram if you want to scroll back up there. Be sure to check it out though... there's prizes up for grabs and today is the last day to enter!!

Thanks so much for checking out my blog!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.