Saturday, June 1, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 46 ~ Cheery Deer ~ Lawn Fawn

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card featuring the adorable deer die from our amazing sponsor, Lawn Fawn! Lawn Fawn has generously offered up a $25 gift card as a prize for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 46 this month! So awesome!!


This month's sketch is pretty simple! I think it'll be a great one to make multiple cards with. Of course, that does depend on what your focal image is for the card. LOL! I chose the adorable Cheery Deer dies from our amazing sponsor Lawn Fawn. And this adorable die is really fun to work with but it's also a bit time consuming. I did have some leftover die cuts in with my dies from the last card I made using this die so that was cool. And then I just used scraps of card stock to cut the other pieces I needed. I used Kraft, Berry Sorbet, Tropical Teal, Pure Poppy and True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink along with Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink card stock from Stampin' Up.


I paired up the adorable deer with the beautiful Perfectly Plaid Christmas 6x6 Petite Paper Pack. Sadly, I can't find these papers on the website. I adhered the plaid pattern paper to the front of a white A2 top fold card turned on its side. I trimmed another piece of Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink to 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" and die cut it using a die from the Stitched Hillside Borders dies.


I stamped the sentiment from the Winter Wavy Sayings stamp set using my Mini Misti so I could bend the sentiment to fit along the stitched edge. I used an acetate grid sheet over the card to check the position and adjust until I was happy. It's not perfect but it's handmade so I'm happy with it. I die cut a piece of vellum using a die from the Large Cross-Stitched Circle Stackables. I adhered the deer to the vellum and then added glue just behind the deer to adhere it to the card. This way no glue showed through the vellum. I added a cute enamel dot to the deer's nose to finish this one off.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 46 for the month of June. I am loving this sketch! I can't wait to see what everyone does with it. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Lots of creative and sweet inspiration this month from the design team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.