Saturday, June 15, 2024

Happy 4th of July ~ Patriotic Gnome ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend! 
Sharing one more card for Unity's latest release. I just had to play with the awesome new Patriotic Gnome! How stinkin' cute is this guy?! And he was so fun to color up, too!


I've had these patriotic papers in my stash for awhile. Not sure where they came from but I really thought they would be fun to use with the awesome new Tab Fold {Fun Fold Die}. So I die cut the inside striped papers and the firecracker papers and then I didn't want to use either of those again for the tab and then I remembered Unity released a patriotic paper pack with an old Whit Kit. I went searching through my stash and found it! Actually, it wasn't much of a search it's called Americana Vibes {paper pack} so it was first in my Unity paper pack box since it's organized alphabetically. LOL


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used for Patriotic Gnome:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair / Mustache / Beard: C00, C1, C3
Hat / Clothes / Sneakers: B91, B93, B95, C00, C1, C3, R20, R14, R46
Flowers: C1, Y15, YG11, YG23, R14, R46
Grass: YG11, YG23


I didn't want the tab to cover up the gnome so I used a ruler and pencil to draw a line where I wanted to cut an opening. I laid my card open and flat on my mat and used a Fiskars Fingertip Control Craft Knife along my ruler to cut out the line. I ended up having to extend the cut a tiny bit on either end but it fits perfectly. Super easy too.


Here you can see the tab pulled out.
The sentiment was stamped with Black Amalgam ink and then die cut using the smallest die from the Postage Stamp {nesting dies}. I added foam tape to the back and popped it up on the card.


Here you can see the inside of the card. I think I may die cut a panel of white card stock to insert here. Maybe I'll use the Postage Stamp {nesting dies} to coordinate with the sentiment on the front of the card. Oh, and maybe I'll stamp another Patriotic Gnome and add him inside the card too.


So the firecracker papers were a little too busy... I didn't just want to adhere the Patriotic Gnome over top and him get lost in the firecrackers so I die cut a circle from vellum card stock using a die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. Such a fun card to make. Hope you have an ink-tastic day! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.