Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Membership Wednesday ~ June 2024 Whit Kit Hydrangea Love ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a pretty card featuring the gorgeous hydrangea stamp from the June 2024 Whit Kit membership called Hydrangea Love from Unity. This gorgeous stamp was an absolute dream to color! So beautiful!


I stamped the Hydrangea Love flowers and sentiment on a piece of Stampers Select White Card Stock from Papertrey Ink using Black Amalgam Ink from Gina K. Designs. I loosely fussy cut the flower separating it from the sentiment. Before I started coloring the flowers with my Copic markers, I ink smooshed the flowers and leaves with a bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink. I wanted to see how the 'underpainting' of Antique Linen ink would change the look of the Copic coloring and I love the effect. I dried the flowers with a Wagner Precision Heat Tool and then I colored them up using my Copic markers.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:
Hydrangeas: RV91, RV93, RV95, BV23
Flower Centers: YG00, Y06, Y15, Y28
Leaves / Stem: YG91, YG95, YG97


I fussy cut the flowers along the line. I even cut through the bottom left flower and the leaf so that I could cut off that enclosed piece and open it up. The trick to doing that while fussy cutting is to cut in the center of the line so both images get some of the black line. And then very carefully color the edges of the whole image with the edge of a black marker from behind. Always from behind just in case the marker slips. I used a Memento Tuxedo Black marker. Coloring the edge cleans up the cutting and when it's adhered back together no one knows how you did it - unless you tell them, of course! LOL!


The background panel of Stampers Select Card Stock from Papertrey Ink was ink smooshed with Ground Espresso and Antique Linen Distress Inks. I left just a bit of white on the panel around the edges. I dried it with the Wagner Precision Heat Tool and then die cut the panel using the largest big scallops die from the recently released BIG Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}. I trimmed the sentiment and just adhered it directly across the card. I also adhered the flowers directly to the card. No foam tape for this one. I added a few enamel dots from my stash to finish off the card. I just love how this turned out!
 

And here's a look at the awesome Whit Kit membership! I am seriously loving the stamps in this month's kit. Well, that's it for me today! I hope you've been inspired to play with your membership stamps! Have an ink-redible day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.