Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Fun with Background Stamps ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is a super fun one using background stamps that I learned about last year at a Unity Lovers Get Together for the Missouri/Kansas group that I am so honored to be a part of. I so wanted to share this technique for a challenge last year but other ideas kept getting in the way. Anywho, I'm super excited to share this fun technique with you today. I had a lot of fun creating some pretty backgrounds for my cards.


First up, I used the gorgeous Rustic Flutter with the Worn Grid background stamps. I also paired them up with the beautiful new Paper Wings. Die cut the background using the largest die from the Scallops & Rectangle {nesting dies} and I die cut the sentiment using a die from the Banner Nesting Dies. Adhered all the layers to an A2 top fold card. The butterflies' bodies are adhered to the card so the wings can be up giving the card lots of dimension.


Stamped the backgrounds with Frayed Burlap, Saltwater Taffy and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide inks.
Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used ~ R00, R01, R05, R22, C3 


Next up is a soft, summery background featuring the Bloomy and Linen background stamps. Coincidentally, both of these stamps were Background of the Month stamps for the month of April {one in 2022 and the latest in 2023}. I thought that was fun! And they are SO beautiful together! I paired up the pretty background with the summer girl in the July 2023 Kit of the Month. I couldn't wait to color her up! So gorgeous! Die cut the background with the largest die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies. And die cut the sentiment using a die from the Scalloped & Stitched Sentiment Nesting Die Set.


Stamped the backgrounds with Lost Shadow, Tattered Rose and Bundled Sage Distress Oxide inks.
Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used for the Summer Girl:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair ~ E40, E43, E44
Hat ~ E40, E43, R05
Dress ~ R00, R01, R20, R22, YG11, G24, Y15, Y38


My third card features the A Faithful Letter and the recently released Wrinkle background... a collaboration with Brutus Monroe. It's also my most favorite background right now, so I just had to use it! I paired it up with the beautiful typewriter stamp from the June 2023 Kit of the Month. I have had this sweet typewrite stamped and just sitting on my desk waiting to be on a card. So happy to finally use it! I love this stamp! Die cut the background using the largest die from the Postage Stamp Nesting Dies. I wrapped the background a few times with {Natural} May Arts Burlap String securing it on the back with some tape. I fussy cut the typewriter and popped it up on the card with foam tape. 


Stamped the backgrounds with Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks.
Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used for the typewriter ~ BG70, BG72, BG75, C00, C1


Last but not at all least, the fabulous coffee themed background featuring the Coffee Crazy and Coffee is Life background stamps. Such an easy background! I paired up this background with the sweet Ellie Girl. I don't believe I've ever inked her up so I was delighted to finally use her on a card. Die cut the background with the largest die from the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}. Grounded Ellie Girl with a strip of Early Espresso card stock that I also mat the sentiment on.


Stamped the backgrounds with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Oxides inks.
Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used for Ellie Girl:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair ~ E40, E43, E44
Top / Pants / Shoes ~ R00, R01, R22, R05, C00, C1, C3
Book ~ BG70, BG72, C00, C1
Cup ~ C00, C1, BG70, BG72, BG75

You can check out my process video here for creating the backgrounds... Fun with Background Stamps | Technique Tuesday | Unity Stamp Co.




Such a fun technique and so many possibilities depending on what colors you use and the mix of backgrounds, too! If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on, Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. So freaking amazing!! Love all of these!!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike! This technique called out to me a few days ago, too. Love all your beautiful cards! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh... that's so awesome! I hope you share what you created. I'd love to see!

      Delete
  3. Okay, each card, colors, stamps, techniques are absolutely wonderful!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful creations, Crystal!! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched your YouTube tutorial on this and loved every single one of these gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Celeste! Appreciate you taking the time to comment. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.