Friday, July 28, 2023

Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Snowflake Net Stencil ~ A Colorful Life Designs

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my last card for the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party! It's also my last card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 35. My card for today features a mix of products from a few of our wonderful Linky Party Sponsors again.


I wanted a simple plaid background using the Plaid Cover Dies Bundle from Sponsor Pink & Main. I love how combining these two A2 sized dies with different card stock colors makes for such an easy background. I die cut the Plaid Cover Die Panel A from Cool Caribbean card stock from Stampin' Up. I die cut the Plaid Cover Die Panel B from Orchid Opulence card stock, also from SU.


Next, I ink blended Seedless Preserves and Broken China Distress Oxides over the fabulous Snowflake Net Stencil from Sponsor A Colorful Life Designs onto a 6 x 6" piece of white card stock. I die cut a portion of it with the second largest die from the Pleated Lace Mini Slimline die from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. Not sure yet what I'll do with the other portion. I also die cut a scrap of white card stock that I trimmed and adhered to the stenciled panel. 
 

Here's a look at this month's {BYSHC} Sketch 35. I turned the sketch for my card... mostly for the sentiment to sit at the bottom of the focal panel. There's still a bit of time to play along with the sketch!! Entries must be submitted prior to July 31st at 11:59pm PST in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group.


The sentiment from the Wishing You Mini Stamp Set from Sponsor Gina K. Designs was then stamped on the bottom white portion of the panel with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink. I stamped two snowflakes from the Wishing You Mini Stamp Set... one with the Seedless Preserves and the other with Broken China Distress Oxide ink. I fussy cut them leaving a tiny bit of a white border and then adhered them together using the iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from our wonderful Sponsor Therm O Web. I adhered the snowflakes to the stenciled panel and then I popped up the panel and snowflakes on the card using 3D Foam Squares from Sponsor Therm O Web. I finished off the card by adding a few white rhinestones from the Frosty Rhinestones from our Sponsor Gina Marie Designs to the centers of the snowflakes. 


I have had SO much fun playing along with the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party! I hope that you've been inspired to make a few Christmas cards to relieve some of the holiday stress. I know that I am feeling great about the 8 cards and 3 tags that I made. If you missed the tags I shared on my Instagram you can check them out here... 3 Holiday Tags. Thank you ALL so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on my cards. I've truly enjoyed each of the comments. And I hope that you'll stop by the Linky Party and check out the cards that have been linked up. So many amazing and wonderful cards!! And if you have a bit of time today you could still enter into the Linky Party... it ends at 11:59pm PST tonight.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

16 comments:

  1. Love the stencil design and background! Great color combo for your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, thanks for stopping by - I love the colors you've combined today on your gorgeous non-traditional Christmas card! What a fun Sketch, too! Gee, do I have time for thirds? lol
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Michele! I'm so glad you joined along with the linky party. Hope you had fun! Thanks for the sweet comment, too!

      Delete
  3. That's a beauty Crystal!!! Ohh I love that plaid bundle set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, sweet friend! Isn't it a wonderful bundle... makes such a quick background!

      Delete
  4. This card is so beautiful, Crystal! I'm going to try to CASE this, as I have pretty much everything to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh... that's sounds fun! Thanks so much for your sweet comment, Wilma!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My two favorite colors so of course I love this beauty! What a fun stencil that is you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty much my two favorite colors, too! Thanks so much for the sweet comment, Becca!

      Delete
  7. Love your colors and the combination of products and techniques, Crystal! Great take on the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your plaid Christmas design, Crystal! I also love those beautiful nontraditional colors! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the sweet comment, Darnell! Hugs!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.