Saturday, July 1, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 35 ~ Christmas Basics Papercrafting Kit ~ The Paper Studio

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a Christmas card using some new goodies that I bought during our vacation. There just happened to be a Hobby Lobby near by so I just HAD to check out it out!! Hee hee!! I found some fun goodies including this neat Christmas Basics Papercrafting Kit from The Paper Studio that was on sale 40% off. Can't beat that!


I took very minimal supplies on vacation and actually forgot a bunch of essentials. LOL! Ohhh... you'd think I was new to papercrafting but really it just wasn't my focus for vacation. Anywho, I only took my Tim Holtz/Tonic Guillotine Comfort Paper Trimmer which wasn't big enough for the 12 x 12" papers in the kit. Sooo... I folded the 12 x 12" papers in half with a really good crease and then I just tore it in half. I was then able to cut it using my trimmer. Easy peasy! 


I also forgot glue! LOL! Seriously! I really only planned to do a bit of coloring if I had a chance. So glue was not on the radar. I got all my papers cut and the design all set and adhered it all together when I got home. I had a lot of fun with the kit. I do wish the ephemera pieces didn't have so much of a shine on them. They were very difficult to get nice photos of... ugh.


Aside from the drama of creating without all my crafty things, I really had a blast putting this card together. And I'm really loving this new sketch!! The design team has done a wonderful job with this sketch too. I hope you'll stop by the {BYSHC} blog and check out their cards.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 35 for the month of July. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.