Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Deck the Owls ~ Not 2 Shabby

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my fifth card for the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party! My card today features products from our linky party Sponsor Not 2 Shabby. I used the absolutely lovely Deck the Owls 6x6 Paper Pad and the coordinating Deck the Owls Ephemera Die Cuts.


This fun card was inspired by a few card designs that I've seen entered into the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party that include diagonal strips of pattern paper. I knew I had some paper strips in the paper pack so I had a go at my own card design.


Which also happens to be the new sketch in my Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Facebook Group... Sketch 14. The measurements are included as a guide rather than a requirement. I also didn't include measurements for the paper strips in the middle or the triangles because the point of the sketch is to use those scraps. One tip I'd like to mention if you do try this sketch out... the 6x6 pattern paper isn't going to fit all the way across the 4 x 5-1/4" panel in the center of the card. What I mean is, those three strips in the middle of the design had to be cut in half to reach end to end on the panel. But it's totally fine because the focal panel covers it up. I do have a prize set aside for this sketch challenge! I hope you'll come join my group and play along.


I adhered all my layers using the iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from our wonderful Sponsor Therm O Web. I also popped up the sweet owl ephemera piece and sentiment using 3D Foam Squares from Sponsor Therm O Web.


 Love the dimension that it gives the card. I finished off the card by adding a couple white glitter enamel dots from the Winter Sparkle Glitter Style Enamel Dots from our Sponsor Gina Marie Designs.


Be sure to stop by Not 2 Shabby and use code - XMASJULY - for 10% OFF your order. You could even snag the sweet owl papers and ephemera I used today... they are in stock! And if you haven't already, stop by the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! Who knows... you may also get inspired to make a holiday card and join in the fun!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

12 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card! I'm anxious to try this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Wilma! I hope you had fun with the sketch!

      Delete
  2. Love the glittery stripes and the cute owls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card and sketch!!! I love the paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these papers, too! Thanks for taking the time to comment, Von Marie!

      Delete
  4. Such a stunning card! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at all that sparkle! This is truly a festive card and it's so gorgeous. And of course, being a bird nerd, I adore those sweet owls. On our morning walk, we always go by the burrowing owls in our development.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh... how cool is that?! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, Becca! Appreciate you!

      Delete
  6. Love the sketch and that way you combined all of these papers, Crystal. Great owls, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.