Friday, February 23, 2018

Scrapping for Less Presents: Castles and Dreams ~ Feb 2018 FOTM Blog Hop



We are sooooo excited to bring you this kit for the month of February. This kit is packed with wonderful fantasy goodies. Some exclusives are included with this kit: Stamping Bella and La La Land Crafts partnered with us to have some exclusive stamps in this kit as well as Teresa's first ever sentiment stamp (there will be more of these to come) for the Banana Split level. So, don't delay! There are limited kits available this month. Let your knight in shining armor deliver a kit to your door! Head over to the Flavor of the Month page to get your kit now! Enjoy all the wonderful creations our team and guest designer has for you today. So, sit back and join along in our fantasy world this morning. 

I am so thrilled to share my cards for the kit this month! We're just going to get right to it!




My first card is for Collection One and I used Sketch #1. I shared the sweet Stamping Bella dragon that's included in this collection for my sneak peek card... if you missed that you can check it out here. So for this card, I decided to use the icon stickers that are included. How cute are these little dragons?! I kept this card pretty simple and pretty much stayed with the sketch. But... 




I did add some more icon stickers to the inside! How fun! I have a sweet little nephew turning 2 very soon and I made this card with him in mind.




My second card is for Collection Two and I used Sketch #3. I had A LOT of fun with the papers for this card! It took me a bit of time to figure out what to use where but it just kind of came together on it's own. Does that ever happen to you? The card just speaks to you?! LOL... well, maybe I'm just a paper whisperer. LOL! I'm cracking myself up. Anywho, I did color this sweet unicorn with copics {RV06, RV10, RV11, N0, N1, Y06, Y35} and I added some white gel pen and then decided to also go over it with a glitter gel pen. Every unicorn needs some glitter!! I ended up moving my sentiment for this sketch but Oh My Goodness... this sentiment is from Teresa's new kit that is included in the Banana Split level and it's amazing! I love the fabulous sentiments in this stamp set! My last touch on this card was a couple of stickers... the rainbow/star is from this collection and the cloud is from the Doodlebug Designs Rainbow Doodlepop that is included in the Banana Split level.




My third card is for Collection Three and I used Sketch #2. Oh My Goodness! How adorable is this image?! I just love it! It was so much fun to color... like I was a part of a fairy tale! Well, I started by picking the papers for the card and I pulled the colors for the images from the papers. I loved the peach colors for the little princesses dress and hat... and even her shoes! She looks so sweet! I also decided to go an unconventional route here with the knight in shining 'teal' armor... oh, but I think it works! I used the following copics for this image {Skin - E000, E21, E50, E51, E53, RV10; Hair - E55, E57, YR20, YR23, YR31; Dress/hat/shoes - YR0000, YR01, YR15; Armor/helmet/flower - BG000, BG15, BG18, R81, R85, R89; Knight's shoes - N3, N4, N7}.
I kept to the sketch on this one, except I flipped it on the side. The sentiment is another fun one from the exclusive Scrapping for Less Castles and Dreams sentiment stamp set... love it!




I didn't do anything fancy on the inside of this one. I just stamped the sentiment from the Stamping Bella Knight/Princess set. I was thinking this may be a fun anniversary card!




And my fourth for today is from Collection Four and I used Sketch #4. When I received my kit for this month, my daughter was with me and she just Oohhed and Aahhed when we opened everything up. She really loved this princess though and since her favorite color is purple (most days... it seems to change daily!), I thought I'd make this card for her. I used the Echo Park Once Upon a Time Princess papers from the collection to make the layers. I colored the image using copic markers {Skin - E000, E21, E51, RV10; Hair - YR20, YR23, YR31; Dress - 0, V01, V04} and then I trimmed the card stock down and mat it on a piece of the Grape Jelly card stock in the kit. I popped the main image up using foam tape. I added a cute little enamel heart and a few of the pearl enamels. So cute! 

I had so much fun playing with this awesome kit! I hope you've enjoyed the cards I shared! Now it's time to check out all the other fabulous creations from the Design Team.


~ Blog Hop Line Up ~




Crystal O. Minkler <--- you're here

 up next --->  Katie Williams






Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal




25 comments:

  1. Cute cards! I love the LaLa Land stamp, your coloring is nice too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is great, love all the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is just so cute! I love the purple princess! Just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards and coloring are fabulous. That's so sweet that your daughter is so excited. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome coloring! I can tell you really enjoy that part of the creative process. Thank you for including your COPIC colors. I’m still trying to figure out the best color combos(and practicing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're very welcome. I had hoped that the Copic colors would come in handy. :)

      Delete
  6. WOW! your coloring is stunning! I love your take on all of the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great coloring and paper combinations! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun! Your cards are so sweet Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cards! Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crystal, I love this card kit. I see you have also decorated the inside of your cards. Sooooo nice! My favorite is your first card. I like the off-set style of the papers and the image is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The papers you've combined on your cards are fab, as is your colouring. I'm a purple girl myself, too, so I know your daughter will enjoy the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww!!! All your cards are totally cute!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.