Thursday, February 15, 2018

Papertrey Ink Color Challenge ~ You Warm My Heart

Hello again! Today, I have my entry for the Papertrey Ink Color Challenge... another challenge for the 11th Anniversary Celebration over at Papertrey Ink. Woohoo! I've had so much fun playing along with these challenges!




For the color challenge, we were able to choose a color combo from the inspiration shared by the design team so I chose Stephanie Gold's color recipe of Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, and Soft Stone.




I started my card with a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of Soft Stone card stock that I inked up first with the Background Basics Birch (say that 3 times fast - ha!) stamp using Soft Stone ink. I then stamped a bunch of images from the Drips & Dribbles stamp set using first and second generation stamping with the Smokey Shadow ink. I cut that piece down to 3-5/8 x 5-1/2" and mat it on a piece of Lemon Tart card stock and added two strips of Smokey Shadow card stock approximately 1/8" wide on either side of my background. I adhered the entire piece to a Soft Stone card base and set it aside. I die cut and inked up two coffee cups from the Warm Happiness and Warm Happiness Too stamp sets using Aqua Mist,  Spring Moss, and Smokey Shadow inks. I die cut two banners from Lemon Tart and Smokey Shadow card stock and trimmed them on one end. I stamped the sentiment on the Smokey Shadow banner using VersaMark ink and heat embossed some ultra fine white embossing powder. I adhered the banners to the card and added the coffee cups. I also added a few drops of Nuvo Crystal gloss Ebony Black drops. That's it for my Color Challenge card!

Here are the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Background Basics Birch, Drips & Dribbles, Warm Happiness, Warm Happiness Too
Inks: Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, VersaMark
Card Stock: Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, White, Lemon Tart
Tools: Warm Happiness dies, Mini Misti
Miscellaneous: Nuvo Crystal Drops gloss Ebony Black, Ranger Ultra Fine White embossing powder


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.