Saturday, February 10, 2018

Papertrey Ink Transformation Tuesday {on a Wednesday} Challenge ~ Happy Birthday!

Hello! I am so happy I was able to play along with another challenge from Papertrey Ink's 11th Anniversary challenges and celebrations! The challenge this time was to Tranform a card so I decided to go through my entries from the Make it Monday challenges and pick one of those to transform.




I chose this card from the Make it Monday #284 challenge. I like how this card turned out, but I thought it could use a little somethin' somethin'. Ha!



I started with the same kraft card base and I adhered the vellum layer directly to the base. I decided to use softer colors on the white layer so I didn't need the vellum layer to cover it. I also used a new Mix & Mat: Postal die for the white layer AND I used the Linen/Canvas Impression plate to give it some texture. I made the butterfly using just the bluish green colors this time, instead of the chocolate. I do like the chocolate outline on the first card because it makes it pop, but I didn't use any other chocolate on the card so I thought I'd just stick with the colors I used. I also decided to add a smaller sentiment to finish off the card. I like the repetitive background saying happy birthday but I think this really made the sentiment stand out. I added a few gemstones, just like the first card and called it done! I like my first card, but I REALLY like how this transformed card turned out!

Here's the products I used for this card:
Stamps: Pen & Ink, Butterfly Hope, Ways to Say: Birthday
Card Stock: Kraft, White, Vellum
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist
Tools: Mix & Mat: Postal, Linen/Canvas Impression Plate, Butterfly Hope die
Miscellaneous: The Paper Studio Gemstones


Thanks for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.