Friday, March 29, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 43 ~ Gingerbread Men Clay Embellishments ~ Twiddler's Nook

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing one last card for the current sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! A sweet gingerbread card! I used the adorable Gingerbread Men Clay Embellishments from our wonderful sponsor, Twiddler's Nook


I paired the sweet gingerbread men clay bits with the adorable Gingerbread Kisses 6x6 Paper Pad and ephemera from Not 2 Shabby. Sadly, it looks like these both are out of stock, but you can sign up to be put on the wait list for the papers when they come back.


All my papers are trimmed to the sketch measurements except the squares. I used the Scallops & Squares {nesting dies} from Unity Stamp Co. to die cut the pattern paper and a red mat from Real Red Card Stock from Stampin' Up. How cute are those little gingerbread men! They are having a party on the card! Hee hee!


To add a bit of dimension to the card, I added foam tape to the back of the ephemera and popped it up on the card. The cute sentiment is from the Gingerbread Hugs stamp set from Not 2 Shabby. Bummer... I am not seeing this cute set on the website anymore. Such a shame... it's just too cute! I prepped the card stock using the TE Anti-Static Powder Tool. Stamped the sentiment in my Mini Misti using the awesome Pressure Pal also from Twiddler's Nook. This handy tool isn't too heavy for my hand and it helps me to get even pressure on the stamp when I'm using my Mini Misti. I highly recommend it! Anywho, I heat embossed the sentiment with Sugar Cube Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions, Alabaster White Embossing Powder from Brutus Monroe on Real Red Card Stock from Stampin' Up and melted with a Wagner Precision Heat Tool. I like to use a Swiffer Dry Sweeping Cloth to wipe off the powder once I'm done embossing but definitely wait until it's cooled. It doesn't take long to cool... this step may save you from having to redo the heat embossing. Good advice from someone who has made the mistake of smudging up a heat embossed image! LOL!


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 43 for the month of March. Loving all the layers in this fun sketch! There's just a few more days to play along! I hope you'll join us. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! Lots of beautiful inspiration this month from the design team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.