Friday, December 13, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ La-La Land Crafts ~ Dream Come True

Hello there crafty friends!
Today, I have a sweet birthday card for a little one in your life... who doesn't love a sweet dragon?! I just adore this one from the Dream Come True stamp set by La-La Land Crafts!!


As I mentioned in my blog post last Friday for Scrapping for Less, I played some more with the fun Nuvo Chalk White Stone drops for my card today but this time I painted with the drops. I added a few drops... actually more like blobs... on my Glass Media Mat and then with my paint brush painted over a piece of pink card stock. For my other piece of pink card stock, I added drops directly on the card stock and painted directly on that piece. Both applications of the Stone drops for this technique gave me basically the same results, but I didn't have to clean up my Glass Media Mat for the latter. While I let the painted Stone drops dry, I stamped the sweet dragon onto white card stock with Memento tuxedo black ink and colored it in with the following Copic markers ~ B0000, B00, B12, V01, V04, V20. I then fussy cut the dragon and cleaned up the edges with a Memento tuxedo black marker. A little tip for those of you trying this trick for the first time... be sure to color the edges of the fussy cut image from behind so if the marker slips it marks up the back of your image rather than the nicely colored front.


I set the dragon aside and die cut the now dry Stone drop painted card stock with the Puffy Clouds die from My Favorite Things. 


The clouds turned out just as I had hoped... so much fun texture and dimension!! I love them! 


I then trimmed down my white card front to 4-1/8 x 5-3/8" and die cut it with a stitched in and out circle die. I laid that on top of my white card base and traced around the inner circle lightly with a pencil. Now I had an idea of where to blend my Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink for my clouds in the background. I blended the clouds over the Mini Cloud Edges stencil from My Favorite Things being careful to stay within the traced circle... just extra careful so my white edges on the card base stayed white. I then erased the pencil marks on the card base and adhered a few of the pink Stone drop painted clouds. I adhered the top white card stock piece with the die cut stitched circle and then adhered the remaining clouds. I popped up the sweet dragon using foam tape and stamped the Make a Wish sentiment using my Stamp Platform to ensure I got a nice crisp inking! 


And then I got to thinking it would be fun to add some drops but not the Stone drops... so I grabbed the Sea Breeze Jewel drops and Fairy Wings Dream drops and went a little crazy! But I really love the different looks of all of the drops on this card! I sure hope that I've inspired you to think out of the box a bit and use those Nuvo drops for other techniques!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.