Friday, December 6, 2019

Scrapping for Less ~ Heffy Doodle & Nuvo ~ Prehistoric Pals Meet Stone Drops

Hey there crafty friends!
Today, I'm sharing a cute card using the adorable Prehistoric Pals stamp set from Heffy Doodle along with the In the Desert papers by Scrapping for Less! I just love all the cute images in the set and the punny sentiments are amazing!


To start my card, I cut a half sheet of kraft card stock into two pieces measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then die cut one of the pieces. I also die cut the patterned paper with the same stitched rectangle die. I trimmed the patterned paper and adhered it to the die cut kraft card stock. I then adhered that piece to the other kraft card front and then adhered the entire panel to a white card base.


I die cut the other patterned paper with a stitched banner die and adhered it to a scrap piece of kraft card stock and fussy cut a mat. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed a fine white embossing powder. I set the card aside and stamped the mammoth and cave girl with Memento tuxedo black ink.

I colored the images with the following Copic markers:
Cave Girl ~ Skin ~ E0000, E00, E11; Hair ~ E21, E23, E37; 
Clothes ~ E42, E44, E47, YR14, YR24, YR27
Mammoth ~ YR14, YR21, YR24, YR27, E44, E47, W00, W1, W3

I fussy cut the images and cleaned up the edges of the images with a Memento tuxedo black marker. I die cut a stitched circle from white card stock and colored it with a bit of N0 and N1 to ground the images. I popped up the images on the stitched circle using foam tape


To finish off the card, I added a bunch of Nuvo Chalk White Stone drops... once I started playing with these gritty drops I just couldn't stop adding them. I think they are perfect for this prehistoric card!! They look like tiny boulders... so fun!


Here's one more look at this cute card... I think this sentiment works for so many occasions!!
And I'm excited to play some more with the Nuvo Stone drops... I just may use them in my next post!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.