Friday, December 13, 2019

Polka Dot Orchard ~ He Said Coffee ~ Book It Friday

Hey there crafty friends!
Today, I'm sharing a fun bookmark for Book It Friday with Polka Dot Orchard's fabulous digi set called He Said Coffee. But since we're close to Christmas, I decided to make my bookmark with a Christmas twist!!


What do you think?!
A quick little story behind this bookmark... every year during the holidays I read the same book, 'Twas The Night Before by Jerry B. Jenkins. I've done this since November 2007... over 10 years now. Anyhow, the book is a Christmas love story... filled with magic and wonder of Christmas, along with a couple that fall in love over a cup of coffee... and hot cocoa. I just love it and even though I know the ending and what happens every chapter... I reread it! And now I have this beautiful bookmark to mark my place in my reading of this book each year.


Ok, so on to the details for this bookmark... I started by combining and resizing the Man image from the He Said Coffee digi set along with the snowflake background from the Cozy Brew digi set in Microsoft Word. I then added and resized the sentiment from the He Said Coffee set. I knew I also wanted to use a portion of the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Magic of Christmas digi set so I added that, resized it and then cropped it down to just Christmas. I couldn't find the word "that's" in any of the digi sets so I just typed that with a similar font and added it to the same Word document. Once I had all of these images how I wanted them, I print it out. I then trimmed down my card stock and die cut the main image using the Basic Bookmark 3 by Papertrey Ink.  


And then the fun begins... coloring!! I wanted traditional Christmas colors for this bookmark with some brown tones to bring in the coffee feel. Here's the list of Copic markers I used:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E21
Hair ~ YR30, E30
Eyes ~ B000
Clothes ~ N0, N3, N5, N7, C00, C1, C3
Apron ~ YG11, YG13, G03, G07, G46, R00, R14, R29, R39
Coffee Tin ~ R00, R14, R29, R39, E30, E37
Cup ~ Y02, Y11, Y15, Y35, W1, W4
Coffee Bean Heart ~ R00, R14, R29, R39
Poinsettia ~ R00, R14, R29, YR00, YG11, G07, G46, E37
Snowflakes ~ BG000, BG01
Background ~ E35, E50, E51

I fussy cut the poinsettia and the coffee bean heart and cleaned up the edges of the images with markers... Memento tuxedo black ink for the edges of the poinsettia and just a R00 copic marker for the heart.


Now, it was time to assemble the bookmark. I mat the sentiment pieces with New Leaf card stock from Papertrey Ink trimming them by hand. I adhered those to the bookmark using a liquid glue. So now it reads... "You, me and a cup of Coffee... that's Christmas". Love love love!!


I wrapped the bookmark with gold metallic thread taping down the ends on the back just with scotch tape (I'll be adding more layers). I then adhered the coffee bean heart using mini glue dots. I added a bit of sparkle to the heart using a clear Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen. I also added some shimmer to the snowflakes but I just couldn't get a good picture to share that.


I adhered the poinsettia from the Poinsettia Greetings digi set using mini glue dots to give it a bit of dimension but not too much since it is a bookmark. I also added a touch of shimmer to the center of the flower using the same Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen. 


To finish off the bookmark, I die cut two more bookmarks using the same die... one from Real Red card stock and the other Cherry Cobbler card stock. I adhered both layers to the bookmark to make it more durable and I love the different reds... gives the edges some dimension! I added some Cherry Cobbler Sheer Linen Ribbon (retired from Stampin' Up!) and some beautiful eyelash ribbon that my sweet friend and fellow DT member, Bobbie Sue, gifted me a while ago... I have been itching to use this stuff and this bookmark was the perfect opportunity! I tied those off with some green bakers twine (also SU! but I'm not sure what color it is... maybe Garden Green?). And that's it!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

3 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.