Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop Challenge

Hello! Today, I'm sharing a card for the Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop challenge. I wasn't sure that I'd be able to play along with this challenge but at the last minute I had an idea so I went with it.




The inspiration for this month's blog hop challenge is the picture below:




I have to admit, this was tough for me... at first, these images did not interest me or inspire me at all, but I came back to the images later on and was inspired by the colors, the trees and the little houses. In any case, I came up with this card.




I taped down my watercolor paper along with the tree outline stencil from the Wonderland Scenes Stencil Collection. I spritzed my watercolor paper and then added some Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, and Harvest Gold inks using a water pen. I let that dry and then pulled off the stencil and replaced it with the other stencil to add some shading to the trees. I blended some Smokey Shadow ink and then decided the lines were too clean so I went over the color with a watercolor pen, dabbing with a paper towel so it didn't get too messy. Once I was done with that, I die cut a house from the Winter Village die set. It was a little big, but it was all I had so I went with it. I used a punch to cut out the 'windows' and then adhered the house to the watercolored panel. I decided to add a road so I stamped a road from the Winter Village stamp set with Smokey Shadow ink and then using my water pen again I went over the lines dabbing with paper towel. I think it gave a neat look to the road. I also added some Soft Stone ink to the center of the road. I cut a stitched rectangle frame from Enchanted Evening card stock and adhered that to the piece. I adhered the entire panel to a white card base. Last thing to do was decide on a sentiment.... that was hard. I decided to go with 'you're on my mind' from the Ways to Say: Thinking of You set. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and heat set some fine white embossing powder. I cut out the sentiment with a stitched banner die and adhered it to the card. I like how this turned out. I'm not sure who I will send it to, but it was a creative challenge that I'm glad I accepted and was able to complete.

I've added links throughout my chatter above so if you're interested in any of the products, just click on them and it'll take you directly to them. I'd love to hear what you thought of my creation.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

See ya next time.
~ Crystal


6 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.