Thursday, October 5, 2017

Growing in Unity ~ Day 4 ~ Coffee Coffee Coffee!

Hello! I can't believe that it's already Day 4 of my Growing in Unity week... it's flying by way too fast!! Today, I am featuring not only my love of Unity, but my love of Coffee!! Unity has some wonderful coffee stamps!!!




My first card started out as a CAS kind of card... but... the ink just kept talking sweet to me like it needed to go on this card. Ha! I started with a Kraft card base and I inked up a fun background stamp in the Vibes kit with Ground Espresso distress ink. I love the cool splatter and coffee ring vibe to the image. I dabbed a sponge in different areas around the edges in different colors. I like the texture it gives to the card. I stamped the image of the coffee cups from the February 2017 Unexpected Place KOM directly on the card and then stamped it again on a scrap of white card stock. I colored the cups with copic markers and then fussy cut each one out and adhered them to the stamped images on the card. I did it this way for two reasons... I didn't want to fussy cut a mask for each cup and this way the cups give a bit of texture to the card. I stamped the sentiment using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink on Dark Chocolate card stock and heat embossed it using a fine clear embossing powder. I also added some Nuvo Chocolate Fondue glitter drops. You can't see the glittery goodness in the drops, but in person they are so pretty! I adhered the sentiment and called it done!




For my next card I used the new fall themed coffee cup kit called Fall to Go. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it in using copic markers. I paper pieced the body of the cup. I then stamped the sentiment in VersaMark on another piece of patterned paper and heat embossed it using a fine white embossing powder. I decided I wanted this card to have the feel of a home so I grabbed my 6x6 pack of Wood & Notebooks Basics papers and found a nice piece to make my 'table'. I cut that out using an oval stitched die. I then cut out the sentiment using a label die and mat it on a different wood themed paper. I wanted it to look like something hanging on the 'wall'. I then had to decide on what papers to use as my 'wall' and 'floor'... I'm terrible at home decor so this was difficult. Ha! I finally settled on this yellow with white polka dots paper and a nice light brown. I adhered all the fun pieces to my card and I have to say I love the way it turned out!!




My last card for today features the fun coffee mug from the Cuppa Comfort sentiment kit. I blended a few fun fall colors on a piece of white card stock and then stamped the mug. I liked the fall theme with the colors so I decided to stamp a leaf from the August 2017 Never Be Afraid KOM and I loved the way it looked so I went with it. I added a little highlighting to the leaf using a white prismacolor pencil and I colored in the heart with some Cranberry Bliss silk. I fussy cut the mug out and set it aside. I grabbed a piece of watercolor paper and painted some 'steam' for my mug. I decided the card needed more so I dug through my collection of Jolande & Marleen stamps and found a few kits to use.... You Can Do It, You Matter, Hug, and I Am Who I Am. I did a little bit of blending on the edges and then stamped my sentiment from the new kit called Hug using VersaMark and Ground Espresso distress inks and then heat embossed it with a clear fine embossing powder. I adhered the watercolor paper to a piece of Dark Chocolate card stock and then adhered the entire piece to a white card base. Love it! I didn't plan on a fall theme for my coffee cards today, but I think I'm ready for some cooler weather!


I sure hope you like the cards I shared with you today! Come back tomorrow for my final Growing in Unity post. I'll be featuring some fabulous seasonal stamps from Unity! You won't want to miss it!

Be sure to check out Berina Febin's post today as well, she's another Growing in Unity girl this week. You can check out her blog ---> here!

Now, don't forget to leave a comment on this post to be entered into a drawing to 
win a grab bag from Unity. I'll be drawing names for 2 lucky winners!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
See ya next time.
~ Crystal

64 comments:

  1. Great cards! Coffee is good! I need to check and see if I have any of the coffee sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely have to agree with you... coffee is good! :)

      Delete
  2. Three terrific cards!
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. I don't drink coffee (tea for me) but I just love making cards with these images. I also really like how you gave the impression of a room with your second card, it is one I will be "CASE"ing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you do end up CASEing the card, I hope you share it in the Unity Show & Tell group. :)

      Delete
  4. Crystal great coffee cards! Beautiful colors! I hope your entering the top one with mixed media for the Unity challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You amaze my.... love the cards.... the colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh you're so very talented! These cards are amazing pieces of artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Crystal!! You blew me away with these cards!! Today especially!!! Your week has been amazing my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three cards, but my favorite is your room. Love the fall colors and how they all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three cards are very nice. I love the coffee ring and splatter stamps! So fun and make for a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your coffee cards!! I will be using your ideas. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. All beautiful cards that showcase your talent and the quality of Unity's stamps. I have to say, you're really making me want to try to learn how to use Copics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you do learn how to use copics... they are amazing! :)

      Delete
  12. Love all of your autumn coffee cards!!! I especially love your first one with all the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are such a great showcase of Unity's designs. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you put the leaf on the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am enjoying my coffee this morning and reading your post. Love Love all of your cards. Each one so different but equally beautiful. Love all your techniques. Thank you for sharing and thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darn it Crystal! Now I've got to have that Vibes kit because of your gorgeous card. Love love love that background stamp. You're rocking this week. Loving everything you've done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... thank you so much! I hope you love the Vibes set... actually, I'm sure you will! ;)

      Delete
  17. Each of these are awesome. My favorite is the first card with the coffee cups

    ReplyDelete
  18. Coffee cup cards are the best! I think these are gorgeous, but the first one is my favorite - it has an awesome mixed media look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all 3 cards!! The first card is amazing, and the other ones are great too. You are a really talented lady. Thanks for sharing. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  20. All three of your cards are great. I think this steam and the last card was really creative love all the coloring and distressing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved all three of your cards. I really like the mixed media backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards Crystal ♥️ Love all of them great mixed media backgrounds too! 😉 Thanks for sharing your skill!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow- these are all terrific! Liking the textures in the first; colours in the second; and coffee "stains" on the last.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the coffee cups on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhhhh love all of thosw coffee theme cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all of these! I think the second one is my favorite though... something about the colors and scheme just speaks to me. Though, anything coffee speaks to me 😄

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards! I have two out of three set you used... maybe I will get inspired by your creations and use them! I love the “steam” coming out of your mug. What a clever idea. Can’t wait for the finale...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I Love all of them!! I'm a boy mom so coffee is my friend😂. Each card is unique and I love the colors!! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I Love all of them!! I'm a boy mom so coffee is my friend😂. Each card is unique and I love the colors!! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome card-- that first coffee card--- kinda rocks!! That set has been on my wish list for awhile...BUT pretty sure it's been bumped to the top so I can CASE yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you so much! Hope you share in the Unity Show & Tell group!! :)

      Delete
  31. Awesome cards!!! I never would have thought about getting coffee cup stamps before, but they are on my list now!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great card for all the coffee lovers out there.

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are all cool. Love the grungy first one. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  34. All 3 projects are absolutely winners, but those sweet little pumpkins are perfect! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.