Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Growing in Unity ~ Day 2 ~ Moments

Hello! It's Day 2 for my Growing in Unity week! 

Today I'm sharing cards using stamps from Unity's fabulous membership subscriptions. It wasn't long after I discovered Unity, that I had fallen in love with the Kit of the Month stamps. My first card features one of my favorite stamps from the September 2016 Moments Between Moments kit. 




I just love that stamp and I just had to use this fabulous paper I had found a couple of months ago. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it in using copic markers. I also added a bit of glossy accents to the lens of the camera... how fun?! I love it! I kept the sentiment on the front simple because I wanted to tie it in with the sentiment on the inside of the card. 




For the inside of the card I used the stack of cameras stamp from the May 2017 Free Your Dreams Kit of the Month. I stamped it off so it would just be light behind the sentiment. This sentiment is from the Moment Between Moments kit. I just love how this whole card came together!




Another fantastic membership subscription is the Layers of Life. I love the mixed media feel to the stamps in these kits. This stamp is from the September 2017 Love Anchors kit. I stamped the anchor in VersaMark ink on watercolor paper. I then heat embossed some Pewter embossing powder that I found in my stash. I added a bit of color burst around the anchor and spritzed the paper. I just love that it looks like water around the anchor. After adhering all of the layers to a white card base, I added a simple sentiment from another Unity kit called So Glad You Were Born.




Here's a close-up of the texture that the pewter embossing gives to the anchor. 
I love the way this turned out! 

I sure hope you like the cards I shared with you today! Come back tomorrow... I'll be featuring some of my most favorite flower stamps from Unity! You won't want to miss it!

Be sure to check out Berina Febin's post today as well, she's another Growing in Unity girl this week. You can check out her blog ---> here!

Now, don't forget to leave a comment on this post to be entered into a drawing to 
win a grab bag from Unity. I'll be drawing names for 2 lucky winners!!


Thanks for stopping by!!
See ya next time.
~ Crystal

81 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the first card!! The layout is adorable and I love how you stamped the cameras on the inside and the sentiment over it.

    The background on the anchor is so pretty, I love that technique!!

    Very pretty cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring always amazes me. What beautiful cards you have shared today. Can't wait for the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them both! I love how you lightly stamped on the inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Both of these are fabulous - but I really love the sentiment in that 1st one - reminds us to be grateful for the now.... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards but the girl with the camera is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Cards! Love the membership programs as well. ❤️ A lot of bang for your buck 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, the membership subscriptions are awesome!

      Delete
  7. Great cards and more stamps to add to my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE both cards! The girl with the camera is beautiful and the anchor is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! I especially like the camera one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these are beautiful. Great coloring on the first one and great textures on the second. Love all the sentiments too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...very lovely! My favorite is the anchor, but both are fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The girl from this KOTM is one of my first and it is still one of my very favorite stamps.
    Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the first card. Great coloring

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the second card too but I admire especially how the girl's hair is colored

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are amazing! The first is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of them. I really like the stamped off image of the cameras on the inside of the first card and really need to remember to do that more often. It gives it such a completed look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree... I don't stamp inside the card often myself. I thought it really completed this card. :)

      Delete
  17. Your cards are both lovely! Love that gorgeously embossed anchor! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both beautiful cards, Crystal, and thank you for sharing ideas that make a card really stand out (stamping the inside of the card and the color burst around the anchor image)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards..Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are super fabulous!! I love your coloring in the first card and the Anchor card has great texture. I does look like its in the water. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love both cards! Love how your background paper goes so well with your beautifully coloured photographer. I live the colours and texture on the anchor card . Your work is Good promotion for the membership kits too.😊 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Crystal... both cards are fabulous!! Love the texture behind the anchor card.. I love anything nautical! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your soft colors with the brown look great. Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The LOL card looks so neat- the embossing is great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards Love the background on the anchor card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the fun and modern feel to then first card. The second is so different and very very cool. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love love love your coloring on the first one! And oh my goodness the anchor in pewter is fantastic. I really love the watercolors behind it, you nailed the ocean look!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really like the sentiment in the first card and how you stamped off the stack of cameras behind it. The anchor is amazing. I love how it looks like it is splashing into the water. Embossing with a metallic powder definitely is an amazing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards! Love the anchor and the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both are fabulous but my favorite is the first card and using the camera. I like that you showed us how you finished the card on the inside

    ReplyDelete
  32. These look great. I don't own any copics but the hair on the first card makes me wish I did! The blending is lovely! The colors on the second are gorgeous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for sharing All your descriptive techniques, I Think that anchor Card would make a great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I gave the anchor card to my husband for his birthday. He loved it!

      Delete
  34. Great cards-- I LOVE the matching paper you found to go with the image!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I was super excited to find that paper... love it! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.