Saturday, August 1, 2026

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 72 ~ Winter Skies ~ Lawn Fawn

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card featuring a sweet stamp and fab papers from our wonderful Sponsor Lawn Fawn! One lucky winner will win a $25 gift card to Lawn Fawn!! Woohoo!


I stamped the fun snowflakes from the Winter Skies stamp set with second generation stamping of Worn Lipstick Distress Ink for a lighter pink that coordinated with the papers just a tad more. Second Generation Stamping is a paper crafting technique where you ink a stamp, make a first impression on scrap paper and then stamp a second time without re-inking to create a softer, lighter shade of the exact same color. 


I also stamped the sweet bears on a scrap of white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the bears with Copic markers {listed below}. I die cut the cute bears using the coordinating dies from the Winter Skies Dies. The stamp and dies are also available in a bundle... Winter Skies Bundle. I popped up the bears with foam tape.

Bears: C0, C2
Scarf: R00, RV10, R12, R32


I used a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of pattern paper from the Knit Picky Winter 6x6 Petite Paper Pack for my background on a white card base. And I die cut a piece of the knit paper from the same pattern papers using the Stitched Hillside Borders Dies. Once I adhered all the layers together I stamped the sentiment using my mini misti to finish it off.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 72 for the month of August. If you're interested in seeing a bunch more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Inky hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.